PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please read this if you need Jesus

3 to be 4 said:
Im going to keep this in much better perspective now.

Ma nishtana ha lailah ha zeh mikol halailot?

("Why is THIS night different from all other nights")

3 to be 4 said:
No, we dont know anything about someones heart, that is between them and God.

Nice thought. How about practicing what you preach?

If you live a good life, one that exhibits love and caring and action of mind, soul and heart then you will find people asking you, how do you have the energy and determination to do so much good and help those that need it?

And that is when you explain who you are in words.

I've probably said this before but it is akin to this for a writer, 'show me, don't tell me.'

pssst its not about me

How are you doing with God?

3 to be 4 said:
pssst its not about me

I think that's debatable, obviously. Just keep building the soapbox bigger every time you come back after a break....the reward's just in sight.

And what goes on between me and my god......

Clonamery said:
I think that's debatable, obviously. Just keep building the soapbox bigger every time you come back after a break....the reward's just in sight.

And what goes on between me and my god......

who's asking you?? keep it personal. whats that got to with with everybody else. let the other 1,000 people speak for themselves.

shmessy said:
Ma nishtana ha lailah ha zeh mikol halailot?

("Why is THIS night different from all other nights")

Oy Vay :) :)

So much for 3 to be 4 leaving this board. Praise be to Allah *****es!

this link is probably more helpful than anything else I could post. All the answers are right in there.

http://bibledev.azaz.com/bibleresources/bible_kjv.php

Gods Word is alive and well. How is your relationhip with God today? If you died today would you be ready to face Him? Have you put the world and its concerns ahead of His concerns, and His wishes for you?

He is ready to meet you where you are, as you are, no trappings of religion. No, one hour at church and the rest of the week back to normal. Nothing to do with being good enough, giving enough, earning your way in.
All that is religion. He wants your heart. He wants your time. He wants your belief and trust. And His faithfulness to you will have no end.

If you are ready, say this prayer, or a prayer like it. take this step to Him and will take two to you.

"God, I recognize that I have not lived my life for You up until now. I have been living for myself and that is wrong. I'm done. I need You in my life; I want You in my life. I acknowledge the completed work of Your Son ************ in giving His life for me on the cross at Calvary, and I long to receive the forgiveness you have made freely available to me through this sacrifice. Come into my life now, Lord. Take up residence in my heart , be my king, my Lord, and my Savior. From this day forward, I will no longer be controlled by the desire to please myself, but I will follow You all the days of my life.
I ask this in Jesus' precious and holy name. Amen."

If you said this prayer in sincerity, you have entered a magnificent journey.
Congratulations. It is only the beginning. Remember, you are not alone.
Follow this up with others. Pick up the Bible and read the Gospels, especially Matthew and John. Find a Bible based church where all glory goes to ************.

Thank you for responding to the call. Have a Blessed and peaceful day everyone

* People, myself included, are flawed and ever changing. There is one who will always be faithful to you. ************. Seek him out and you wont go wrong.

Despite the messages we get from our culture, there is more to this life than serving ourselves. This life is temporary, it goes by in a blink of an eye, and all the stuff we accumulate on the outside or in our bank accounts dont mean very much when compared to eternity.

There are lots of self-help books out there to fix temporary problems. But there is one book that offers the ultimate answers to all our hearts desires.

http://bibledev.azaz.com/bibleresources/bible_kjv.php

like a powerful love story? Check out Matthew.

take one step toward Him and He will take two to you.

Last edited:
John 3
1There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

22After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

23And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

24For John was not yet cast into prison.

25Then there arose a question between some of John's disciples and the Jews about purifying.

26And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him.

27John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

28Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

30He must increase, but I must decrease.

31He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

32And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.

33He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

34For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

35The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Just curious, do you intend to post the entirety of the Christian bible here, post by post? Or will you be mixing in replies to yourself with links to various performers as previously? Can you work in the Vegetable evangelists and Davy and Goliath? I KNOW they're somewhere on youTube by now...

By the way, John 3:2, which you've posted here, contradicts Matthew 12:27, which acknowledges that others in first century Judea were also performing various miracles, who were alllied with Pharisaic authorities, either by family (literal "sons,") or by discipleship to them.

John 3:2, from your post:

The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Matthew 12:27

And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out?

Clearly, the passage in Matthew deals with exorcism, and Nicodemus is merely opining that miracles (in general) prove Jesus' divine favor, if not messiahship. Jesus certainly does not go out of his way to disabuse Nicodemus of this notion -- although in Matthew, Jesus is aware that "doing miracles" is a common hobby, and one that can be ascribed to either God or Beelzebul.

The reader may just consider Jesus to be less that scrupulous in the matter, shewd, or what have you. Not believing all Christian scripture to be journalistic verbatim reporting, I think the passages point more to the divide between the synoptics and John, who, as you demonstrate, goes off in his proto-gnostic direction in the continuation of the passage cited.

Certainly the two passages combine to point us toward an understanding of scriptures which must be read in historical context (or, if you prefer, scriptures which are hypocritical in the first. I personally would not be that hard on any religion, but this reflects my own viewpoint that it is better to admit the historical nature of biblical authorship, than to embrace hypocrisy as the nature of the Divine.)

Interesting stuff, as always.

Thanks,

PFnV

Peace be with you my man.

d%#*!@t, PFiV!!!

Why did you have to ruin it?

3tobe4 was going for the record of consecutive postings with oneself without anyone else participating and you blew it!!!!!!

He was THIS close to being inducted into the Spammers Hall of Fame.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3/4 is not a spiritual man, he is a religionist obsessed with and consumed by religionism. It's like any other addiction -- drugs, gambling, etc. -- only rationalized in the "name" of Christianity.

Tunescribe said:
3/4 is not a spiritual man, he is a religionist obsessed with and consumed by religionism. It's like any other addiction -- drugs, gambling, etc. -- only rationalized in the "name" of Christianity.

You are with me all the hours of the day to know what is in my heart? Im very impressed, although doubtful.

I wish you all a peaceful night.

3 to be 4 said:
You are with me all the hours of the day to know what is in my heart?

No, but I see enough of your religionism on this messageboard to suspect that you have an addiction problem wholly unrelated to spirituality. Out of curiosity, have you had past struggles with alcohol/substance abuse, the recovery from which you attribute to your faith? (Understandable if you choose not to answer, although you might see this as an opportunity to bear witness.)

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back