PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Please...Please...Any Name But The Yankees!!!

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Funny story about youth baseball in New England

http://sports.excite.com/news/02102006/v6624.html

LOWELL, Mass. (AP) - The Yankees would be wiped out in New England, if a Boston Red Sox farm team has its way.

The Class A Lowell Spinners of the New York-Penn League say that if youth baseball leagues across New England change the name of a team from the Yankees to the Spinners, Lowell would pay for new uniforms. In a message on the Spinners' Web site, general manager Tim Bawmann said many children in New England are
:eat3: devastated when they are assigned to be on a team called the Yankees. :eat2:

Last edited:
Heh, I was in Lowell this weekend, and this was a nice topic of conversation. It's true, some kids really hate having to be on the Yankees, and this is a very creative way of fixing that. I love the Spinners organization.

That's a great idea. I hope the big club will help 'em out a bit with some mention on air during this upcoming season.

My nephew went on one of them 'play dates' a couple of years ago and came back spouting some nonsense like 'go Yankees' or some other ridiculous babble. Me and his other uncle corrected him. Unfortunately the boy prefers Soccer, we haven't had as much luck overcoming that particular birth defect :p

His parents aren't cousins, are they?

Johnny Mac said:
His parents aren't cousins, are they?

Certainly not, he just doesn't like all the standing around involved in Baseball.

sdaniels7114 said:
Certainly not, he just doesn't like all the standing around involved in Baseball.

That's what the beer is for ..... :eat3:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back