PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please MUST read !

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdul7

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Like NYPATSFAN replied in earlier thread , please read sportsline.com. Great article on front page about Rivers. Haa coudnt agree more what was written about him. Sorry if most of you know about it, but coudnt not tell you. Peace.

Like NYPATSFAN replied in earlier thread , please read sportsline.com. Great article on front page about Rivers. Haa coudnt agree more what was written about him. Sorry if most of you know about it, but coudnt not tell you. Peace.

If you're talking about the Gregg Doyel article, I agree.

It may be true but I wouldn't call it great unless that's your model for a QB.....

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/10580644

>>>>>
Whatever happened that day between Rivers and Cutler, I can live with it. The corporate NFL has long been mocked as the No Fun League, but Philip Rivers is fun in a way most of us ought to be able to relate. He's fiery and raw. He comes off as unpolished, and probably will come off as unpolished a decade from now.
If you want veneer, look elsewhere. Rivers isn't dating supermodels like Tom Brady or starlets like Tony Romo (Rivers was married and a father in college). He's not running the 40-yard dash in 4.4 seconds or killing dogs like Michael Vick. He's not crediting God for his team's victories like Jon Kitna. He's not a boring drone like Carson Palmer. He's not Matt Hasselbeck who seems like Damon Huard who seems like Matt Schaub.<<<<<<<<

I don't see the word mature there anywhere and it's pretty obvious why after reading the rest of this drivel. If that's your model QB, good luck but I don't see the other QBs listed trash-talking with the fans. Maybe it's because they are professionals in every sense of the word and leaders in a truer sense....

NO, i am talking about the Mike Freeman article.

Why does River's actions bother people so much? He isn't any better or worse than some other high profile players in the league. He is certainly no worse that Randy Moss's behaviour early in his career. I mean it's only his 4th year in the league.

Last edited:
Sorry Bill, dont know how to do it !! But go to sportsline.com and the article is called yakkity yak !

Whilst I agree 100% with Freeman's point, his article is complete garbage; both of them are. Maybe I shouldn't have even bothered getting an English degree, because that apparently hurts my chances of being a sportswriter.

Is this thread about the article discussing how the Chargers call the Patriots unclassy?

or the one about the Patriots running up the score?

or maybe the one about the Patriots being cheaters?

Is this thread about the article discussing how the Chargers call the Patriots unclassy?

or the one about the Patriots running up the score?

or maybe the one about the Patriots being cheaters?

Nope, all of those topics have been done to death. They're on to bigger things, like how classy LdT is.

As great as the article is, I was kind of disappointed based on the title of this thread. I thought you had some breaking info. You may consider changing it, although it made me read it so I guess you achieved your goal.

Why does River's actions bother people so much?
Bother people? People aren't bothered by it. Personally, I love it. Nothing funnier than seeing a moron self-destruct.

Talking about something doesn't mean you are bothered by it. When a person acts like a dork, and is hypocritical to the nth degree, you tend to notice, comment, and either pity or laugh at the guy, depending on whether you like him or not.

The only people who should be bothered by Rivers' immaturity are his team mates and fans. He is turning into Ryan Leaf II, except that Leaf was more mature. Rivers will get flustered at the wrong time and bye-bye ball game.

I am hoping he will play Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye