PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please fill me in on the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hey guys. 10:30 this morning I got called into work. :mad:

I've seen the stats and everything from the game but I'm mainly wondering about how the defense played. It looks like Cincy got most of their points in the 2nd half. Did the D start to break down or did they play a soft prevent or something?

Anyway, instead of searching through all the threads, I was hoping someone could give me a quick description of how the team played beyond the stats. Thanks

Hey guys. 10:30 this morning I got called into work. :mad:

I've seen the stats and everything from the game but I'm mainly wondering about how the defense played. It looks like Cincy got most of their points in the 2nd half. Did the D start to break down or did they play a soft prevent or something?

Anyway, instead of searching through all the threads, I was hoping someone could give me a quick description of how the team played beyond the stats. Thanks

In the first half, the defense was terrific, getting a lot of pressure at the LOS, punishing the run and Guyton made a great interception covering Gresham, the new tight end (who is definitely going to be an excellent player) and took it back for 6. Add to that Tate starting the second half with a KR for a touchdown and the Patriots were winning in a canter. Later in the half, the Bengals put some scoring drives together. It's arguable what went on -- the Bengals made some necessary adjustments, Palmer got into rhythm, the Patriots' D lost energy, the D went into a conservative, "prevent" mode to take time off the clock. You pick it. All in all, you'd have to be happy at the end -- they made a pretty good team look very inept for much of the time.

Also on one Bengals drive the ball looked like it was intercepted but Belichick didn't challenge. Probably would have won it.

Dude... When work calls me on a day the Patriots play I don't answer it. The Patriots passing looked unstoppable and Fred Taylor was great. The Defense is so fast and young they looked great. The D line was especially surprising collapsing the pocket and stuffing the run. The best Part of all was the O line. Brady had ALL DAY to throw. Tate was great on kick returns and returned a TD.

I saw that we had only one sack but how was the overall pressure? That's more important to me than sacks. And it also looks like we protected Brady well.

Dude... When work calls me on a day the Patriots play I don't answer it. The Patriots passing looked unstoppable and Fred Taylor was great. The Defense is so fast and young they looked great. The D line was especially surprising collapsing the pocket and stuffing the run. The best Part of all was the O line. Brady had ALL DAY to throw. Tate was great on kick returns and returned a TD.

Believe me, I didn't want to. I'm a produce manager and I knew as soon as I saw the store's number on my phone that it wasn't going to be good. When my guys need me they call from their cell phones. Guy went home sick.

Sunday is the #1 day of the week in sales so I knew if I didn't go in, it would screw me up bad trying to catch up during the week. It still sucked though.

Also on one Bengals drive the ball looked like it was intercepted but Belichick didn't challenge. Probably would have won it.

Wasn't there a D penalty (offsides) on that play?

I saw that we had only one sack but how was the overall pressure? That's more important to me than sacks. And it also looks like we protected Brady well.

Pressure was getting at him enough that he could smell the deodorant on some of the Patriots players...his head was on a swivel most of the 2nd half

Pressure was getting at him enough that he could smell the deodorant on some of the Patriots players...his head was on a swivel most of the 2nd half

Yup, some of the best hits on Palmer (and there were some big ones) weren't sacks. He was pressured all through the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes