PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please, end this day and this season.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot remember ever being so ready for a season to be over as this one. Please, play your game in the rain in Miami (downpours would help wash away my blues).

Most here will root for the Bears, even though we expect a 21 point Colt blowout (which will further serve to throw more misery into this season).

Funny, how little Patriot news was in the Globe today - nothing negative for them as their motto is now "All the negative Patriot news fit to print"

Take heart though, the future is VERY bright IMHO - I see multi Superbowls before this team, coaches and ownership are calling it a day.

Please, though, let this season end already - I am ready for 2007 to begin.

Personally I am trying to catch up on the first 5 seasons of "24", kinda addictive and an ok alternative to Pats football, so I will watch another 4 episodes tonite.. will probably tune in last quarter or so. Then time to start thinking about free agency, the draft and next year. Next year will be a very good year, feel it in my bones.

Got my second daughter on the way Wednesday. Therefore, I will be cleaning the house and getting ready...trying to ignore the game. I cannot wait for this day (and hopefully) Colt loss to be over. Then, I can go back to reading ESPN.com, watching it and tuning in to sports channels. WIDE RIGHT!

Personally I am trying to catch up on the first 5 seasons of "24", kinda addictive and an ok alternative to Pats football, so I will watch another 4 episodes tonite.. will probably tune in last quarter or so. Then time to start thinking about free agency, the draft and next year. Next year will be a very good year, feel it in my bones.

I caught onto 24 sometime last year and watched all 5 seasons in a span of 6 months. It was pretty awesome. I envy you and your current experience.

As for this NFL season, I am very ready for it to be over.

Anytime I think about the AFCCG, I get the same feelings of anger and regret that I did the night it happened. I can only imagine how the players feel. I expect them to come back hungrier than ever next year, and they should have the talent to once again compete for the Super Bowl.

So, in short, bring on next season. Only about 12 more hours to go.

I'm taking to kids to a movie today to help pass the time. I'll be home in time for the game which I'll watch - reluctantly.

I cannot remember ever being so ready for a season to be over as this one. Please, play your game in the rain in Miami (downpours would help wash away my blues).

Most here will root for the Bears, even though we expect a 21 point Colt blowout (which will further serve to throw more misery into this season).

Funny, how little Patriot news was in the Globe today - nothing negative for them as their motto is now "All the negative Patriot news fit to print"

Take heart though, the future is VERY bright IMHO - I see multi Superbowls before this team, coaches and ownership are calling it a day.

Please, though, let this season end already - I am ready for 2007 to begin.

I'm with you. What a lousy way to end the season. But I'm worried about this team next year. Two things bother me. First is the hunger factor. How many players are still hungry? Second is Tom Brady. He's not as accurate as he once was for whatever reason. Happy feet? Is Tom one of the players not hungry anymore? How does Belichick determine who's still hungry? I don't know, but I'm worried. All the talent in world is useless if you don't have hungry players.

Another "24' fan

24 is my wife's and mine, favorite TV program. We have never missed an episode since it came on the air.
Its the best TV program in decades.

yeah, NEM, the worth of TiVo is demonstrated by picking up 4-year-old episodes or 24 in the middle of the night. just watched a couple episodes, in sequence, from 2002.
the program is over-acted. everything is spoken so breathlessly. but it doesn't matter. they spend a lot of money on each episode, and aspparently they've kept their writers for a long time. not like what happened with ER.
but it's a smoker, every episode.

as for the travesty of SB XLI, who cares? i'll watch the last 5 mns of ze 1st half, halftime, 1st 5min of the second hald.
question:
when will the NFL allow a female to take the SB stage again?

I just looked at Reiss's pieces and saw the remarks from Kraft.

15 players had the flu for the Colts game :eek:

Its the most depressing time of the yr, with the weather and how cold it is on the east coast, plus no sporting event excites me.. Granted this yr super bowl is something hard to watch, I would like to see the bears win, but its going to be hard to see Peyton lift that trophy.. Just like for me , who hates the stillers, see coward lift the trophy last yr..

Watching this ESPN2 super bowls special is bumming me right out. Going over to a friend's to watch the Meaningless Bowl... and it's finally kicking in, it coulda been us.

But it's not. Eh well. Hopefully the pain can be blunted by the alcohol.

PFnV

I am looking forward to when the weigh in and height measurements take place at the Combine. Those Wonderlic scores are true indicators of a players potential, don't you agree.

...with a Bears win.

Yes...please, let the Bears win -- I have two reasons for that:

1) The coronation of Manning would be too tough to take, suddenly, Brady becomes 2nd fiddle.

2) Bill Polian - does this guy really have a clue how much he is despised??

I told myself I wasn't going to watch, but I'll check it out in the background for a bit and see if the Bears show up, if they start to get blown out tho off the TV goes.

Re: Another "24' fan

i keep singing the song "tommorow" to myself, like in those commercials that they usually air during the Super Bowl, thinking that tommorow, everyone will be 0-0 again.

BTW, anyone think we will see a Patriot in one of those commercials tonight?

I have been so bummed out for the past 2 weeks, but all of you are really making me feel better (if that's possible). I thought I was the only one having the thoughts I just read in your posts. Oh........and GO BEARS! (Although I cannot bear to watch-no pun intended).

hey there, awstun...

I have been so bummed out for the past 2 weeks, but all of you are really making me feel better (if that's possible). I thought I was the only one having the thoughts I just read in your posts. Oh........and GO BEARS! (Although I cannot bear to watch-no pun intended).

ah'm a houuston native. from the '50s, when tex-uns was tex-uns. r u a good ole boy, or one-a them thar transplants?

All the talent in world is useless if you don't have hungry players.

BINGO! This has been my main concern since the start of the 2005 season. Are the key guys still ready to "run through brick walls" as they once were?? I think back to the seasons we won: injuries everywhere, especially in the secondary -- we were pulling guys off the street to play! -- and a LOT of guys playing over their heads. The pulled off one last minute miracle after another, based on sheer will and heart.

Then, the same fire this year against the Chargers -- UNTIL that asinine prancing after the win. Who celebrates like that when the BIG dance is still two games away!! (I'm still pissed at those guys who did it.) That kind of thing says only one thing: we're satisfied as possible with just beating the Chargers ("the best team in football" -- says who??? The "BEST TEAM" is the one who wins the Superbowl! All that came before is just pre-game warm-up.

So, yeah, I'm not sure Brady has any fire left. He sure looked tired in the Colts game. His wing is not right, either. Not sure about the key guys at all. They look like they're satisfied with 3.

I'm not.

//

The game hasn't even started and I feel absolutely sick. The "this should be us!!!" feeling makes me want to vomit all over somebody's face.

Got my second daughter on the way Wednesday. Therefore, I will be cleaning the house and getting ready...trying to ignore the game. I cannot wait for this day (and hopefully) Colt loss to be over. Then, I can go back to reading ESPN.com, watching it and tuning in to sports channels. WIDE RIGHT!

Congratulations man....I am the proud dad of 2 daughters as well...(5&2) and have to say...that having daughters is about as COOL as it gets!!!! Congratulations......and best of luck......GO PATS 2007!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes