PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please be here Monday night 7/12 at 8:30pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you can look out your window and see some homeless guys walking around and a bunch of skyscrapers.....I look out my window and see the home to the greatest gladiators of our time.

Oh, that's just not fair at all. I might actually trade in all my cool skyscrapers for a view of Gillette. Only been there twice and those were the '87 & '89 Grateful Dead shows at the old Sullivan aluminum bleacher monstrosity. Looked like oversized high school stadium. I had floor seats and the field was covered in a blue tarp. I cut through it and shaved off some Patriots artificial turf grass blades and put 'em in my pocket. Don't get me in trouble, now. lol.

MY grandparents lived in Attleboro. Every year in the 1970's, during my childhood's annual visits up there, when Thanksgiving dinner was finished and the family had to drive back to Connecticut, we'd pile into the car and as the highway intersection came up upon us, I'd be in the back seat (snuggled in my Sears & Roebuck Winter Patriots coat, waiting for the heat to finally come on), reading the big green state signs in the side of the road. One direction read "This turn for South towards New York" and the other just read "North- FOXBORO". The sign was all sparkly, you know, with the round reflectors spelling out the letters and stuff. To little me, it was as if I was THAT CLOSE to OZ! It was like this utopian destination I'd always seen on t.v., watching the Pats games in the 70's. The promised land. This magical place. Spelled out in glistening round silver reflectors on a vast glowing green field background on a big looming highway sign in the pitch black late November night. As we drove past, I'd crane my neck to make sure I could drink it in for as long as I could before it slipped out of sight for another entire year.

I'd tug on my dad's coat from the back seat,"Dad! dad! Turn right this ONE time! Let's go to Foxboro, pleassseee!"
Well, my curmudgeon mother would NEVER have any of that. This went on year after year.
And there you are... taking for granted the thing I pined after so desperately every Thanksgiving evening.

"Whatchoo Talkin' 'Bout, Kontradiction?"

Just a bump to remind everyone. Hope to see everyone there later on.

Ian

Oh, that's just not fair at all. I might actually trade in all my cool skyscrapers for a view of Gillette. Only been there twice and those were the '87 & '89 Grateful Dead shows at the old Sullivan aluminum bleacher monstrosity. Looked like oversized high school stadium. I had floor seats and the field was covered in a blue tarp. I cut through it and shaved off some Patriots artificial turf grass blades and put 'em in my pocket. Don't get me in trouble, now. lol.

MY grandparents lived in Attleboro. Every year in the 1970's, during my childhood's annual visits up there, when Thanksgiving dinner was finished and the family had to drive back to Connecticut, we'd pile into the car and as the highway intersection came up upon us, I'd be in the back seat (snuggled in my Sears & Roebuck Winter Patriots coat, waiting for the heat to finally come on), reading the big green state signs in the side of the road. One direction read "This turn for South towards New York" and the other just read "North- FOXBORO". The sign was all sparkly, you know, with the round reflectors spelling out the letters and stuff. To little me, it was as if I was THAT CLOSE to OZ! It was like this utopian destination I'd always seen on t.v., watching the Pats games in the 70's. The promised land. This magical place. Spelled out in glistening round silver reflectors on a vast glowing green field background on a big looming highway sign in the pitch black late November night. As we drove past, I'd crane my neck to make sure I could drink it in for as long as I could before it slipped out of sight for another entire year.

I'd tug on my dad's coat from the back seat,"Dad! dad! Turn right this ONE time! Let's go to Foxboro, pleassseee!"
Well, my curmudgeon mother would NEVER have any of that. This went on year after year.
And there you are... taking for granted the thing I pined after so desperately every Thanksgiving evening.

"Whatchoo Talkin' 'Bout, Kontradiction?"

OK I will be honest I cant actually see the Stadium from my house. It is about 3 1/2 miles away and there are to many trees in the way. But I definitely don't take anything for granted (we are usually in our seats about an hour before kickoff, I go to as many Training Camp practices as I can, I shop there, I dine there, I see movies there, that place is like my second home.)

Are we sacrificing Jets fans to bloodthirsty Pagan Gods Ian?

That sounds like a very good time.... ;)

yeah...to the Buffet Buddha

OK I will be honest I cant actually see the Stadium from my house. It is about 3 1/2 miles away and there are to many trees in the way. But I definitely don't take anything for granted (we are usually in our seats about an hour before kickoff, I go to as many Training Camp practices as I can, I shop there, I dine there, I see movies there, that place is like my second home.)

Yeah, that place has sprung up into a whole city. All I remember from my 2 trips there in the late 80's was Sullivan Stadium springing up in the middle of a pine tree forest down the end of this narrow 2 lane road with a traffic jam miles long. The parking lot was all gravel and hilly and stuff too.
Better than the 4 places they called home between 1960 to 1970 anyway.
The Patriots actually played a regular season game in Connecticut in 1974. The Giants called Yale Bowl (seating capacity 80 freaking thousand) home for 12 regular season games in 73-74 while waiting for Giants Stadium to be finished.

Anyway, if I lived that close to Mecca like you do, I'd stake out The Pats employees parking lot and wait for Andy Hart to get off work so I could heckle him from afar for whatever dufus commentary he made that particular day on "PFW In Progress", the Pats web radio show on their website. He's a football guru but he's just so lacking in other areas.
Yeah, then he'd chase me all over the place like a Benny Hill comedy skit.

Must be nice for you having Patriots "All Access" (like the name of the t.v. show you guys are lucky enough to get up there while the rest of us havta stream it online).
Alright Ian, ima shut up now. lol.

where is Scooby and the gang to solve this mystery

where is Scooby and the gang to solve this mystery

normally, any reference to "Scooby" is cause for immediate revocation of one's "man card"...consider this a warning...

normally, any reference to "Scooby" is cause for immediate revocation of one's "man card"...consider this a warning...

Not if you're like me and you're sitting here with the kids - who just finished watching that :cool:

Oh Kontra, yer just pickin' on me for bein' all brash and bombastic over in the Lebron James thread Thursday night when I was all confident he was coming to New York and I read Andy Johnson bustin' on tha Knicks.
And I already told ya my indie record label went defunct when Rock died out in the late 90's and everybody simultaneously started downloading music for free offa this newfangled thing called the internets. Kontra, how was I sasposta have the foresight to see BOTH those things happening at once? ESPECIALLY Rock dying? I mean, pigs were more likely to fly before the coolest thing man had ever invented no longer was popular. Now, tell me, how are ya sasposta have yer sex and drugs without yer Rock & Roll?

I don't think rock is dead. Good rock, maybe. But it isn't dead.

Kontradiction, you can't fault me for OCCASIONALLY throwing my *****in' kick ass NYC residence in all the other Pats fans faces. In fact, as I sit at my computer, I'll turn my noggin to look over my right shoulder out the window. Hmm... let's see what I spy. Yep, it's presently cloudy as I gaze across The East River at The Empire State Building, The Chrysler Building, The United Nations Building, The Citibank Building (that triangle-topped modern lookin' one), and the 30 Rock building.

Now, I ask you Kontra, "Whatchoo Got Out YER bedroom Window???"

The beach, and the inlet.

Plus, I'M the Pats fan behind enemy lines runnin' 'round town in my Tom Brady jersey and Craig James throwback for all y'all and actually getting into VERBAL trash talking battles with strangers wearing Jets and Giants gear while all y'all do it from a safe distance in that laughable "The Jets Suck" thread. Now, I ask you, how is THAT satisfying? Gez, come into town and get all up in an ACTUAL loser Jets Fan's FACE and get off on it.
Oh Kontra, I have so many statistics I bamboozle 'em with which leave them speechless. Kontra, you'd be SO PROUD of me!

I'm in Dolphins country doing the same thing.

And last word on LeBron? He just didn't have the stomach to handle New York scrutiny. What a coward, taking the easy way out. Those future titles won't taste as sweet as they would in Madison Square Garden. NOTHING accomplished outside NYC is ever as sweet as if it were done here instead.

Either that or he just didn't want to play for that disaster of a team. :cool:

Not if you're like me and you're sitting here with the kids - who just finished watching that :cool:

I think all married men surrender their "man card" to their wives immediately following the "I do"....might be wrong but it does seem to be the norm

The suspense is killing me

Alright - a little less than 10-minutes until we start. Opening thread will be coming shortly.

Just a bump to remind everyone. Hope to see everyone there later on.

Ian
Be where? Here? On this thread? Watching TV? YOu mentined dvd?

Wha????????

Be where? Here? On this thread? Watching TV? YOu mentined dvd?

Wha????????

Ha ha...no worries - it's in this forum, with the opening thread just about ready to go :cool:

I'm here, ready to go.

Ian will be issuing instructions shortly through your dvd player.
but you need to get your ear up real close.

I've got my pants off --- what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey