PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Plays just before the half

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I watched my new TIVO recording of the last sequence of Tennessee plays before the halftime.

I was particularly interested in the long TE run and catch to inside the ten.

The Pats blitzed big time. Just before he was sacked, VY threew a five yard pass to his TE over the middle. Rodney whiffed on the tackle and the OLB doing containn on the stongside, then tried to catch the TE and missed. That was Perre Woods. The TE rumbled to the a FD inside the ten.

I don' think it was a out of position play by Woods, but he had a shot at turning that into a gain of 5 yards instead of a gain 52.

On the goal line stand, I was directing my attention ot the ILBs. On that series of plays, the oldtimer thats supposedly "losing it", Bruschi was magnificent in those plays.

He was involved in every one. One time he was on the bottom of the pile along with a defensive lineman, whos enumbe rI couldn't determine. On the pass into the endzone, Bruschi's interior blitz forced VY to throw before he wanted to so do. Incomplete. On the final QB run/pass, Kareem Brown and Bruschi stood VY, all 230 #s of him straight up, when he was under a full head of steam and just stuffed him. A bunch of Pats jumped on the pile but the two guys who did it were Kareem Brown and Tedy Bruschi.

Tedy is still around the ball, and had a chance to recover a fumble and a chance for an INT on a tipped ball.

Re: Plays just before the half.

On the long TE run to me it looked like the defense thought Young was going down and let up a little bit.

I watched my new TIVO recording of the last sequence of Tennessee plays before the halftime.

I was particularly interested in the long TE run and catch to inside the ten.

The Pats blitzed big time. Just before he was sacked, VY threew a five yard pass to his TE over the middle. Rodney whiffed on the tackle and the OLB doing containn on the stongside, then tried to catch the TE and missed. That was Perre Woods. The TE rumbled to the a FD inside the ten.

I don' think it was a out of position play by Woods, but he had a shot at turning that into a gain of 5 yards instead of a gain 52.

On the goal line stand, I was directing my attention ot the ILBs. On that series of plays, the oldtimer thats supposedly "losing it", Bruschi was magnificent in those plays.

He was involved in every one. One time he was on the bottom of the pile along with a defensive lineman, whos enumbe rI couldn't determine. On the pass into the endzone, Bruschi's interior blitz forced VY to throw before he wanted to so do. Incomplete. On the final QB run/pass, Kareem Brown and Bruschi stood VY, all 230 #s of him straight up, when he was under a full head of steam and just stuffed him. A bunch of Pats jumped on the pile but the two guys who did it were Kareem Brown and Tedy Bruschi.

Tedy is still around the ball, and had a chance to recover a fumble and a chance for an INT on a tipped ball.

Nice breakdown..

Teddy is going to have another monster year and it will be fun to see the teddy we all love flying and doing the things he used when he was in this position and castless....

Almost there...Almost there...days and weeks till its real...

Tivo is a marvelous tool for education! Isn't amazing what a two handed linebacker can accomplish? :rofl:

I'm one of Bruschi's biggest fans, but one of his "naysayers" if you'd call me that. I just don't think he has the body anymore to be the same player. I will say however, he looked as good in the titans game as I've seen him since 04 honestly. I dunno what it was, if I take it seriously, but Tedy definantly looked faster.

I'm one of Bruschi's biggest fans, but one of his "naysayers" if you'd call me that. I just don't think he has the body anymore to be the same player. I will say however, he looked as good in the titans game as I've seen him since 04 honestly. I dunno what it was, if I take it seriously, but Tedy definantly looked faster.

For an entire career with the Pats, what Bru has lacked in size, he has always made up for in heart and mind. Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back