PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoffs..PLayoffs? Yeah Im taking about playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagg

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
With apologies to Jim Mora I would like to briefly discuss playoffs and the current playoff picture.

I was watching last nights game as they flash the AFC playoff picture and thinking to myself ok if we lose this week we are pretty much done on winning the East(barring a plane crash or signifigant injury or 2).

That Scenario would likely take us to the best wild card team who faces the worst division winner. As of now that is Jacksonville ok that doesnt scare me at all. The Chefs right ahead of them doesnt scare me to much either but looming off to the right I see Indy and SD. We all know one of those if not both are going to climb back into the picture and the thought of having to go on the road in the first round defintaley doesnt give me a warm fuzzy(especially SD).

It cannot be stated in any other way that this is the most critical game of the season by far and could likely mean home field advantage all the way. Since we beat Pitt and Ravens we hold a nice tie breaker on those guys.

This game dramitcally improves our shot of getting to the big dance by ALOT.

With 4 games after this week and 3 common opponents it will be tough for us to finish higher than the jets imo. I do like the way we match up style wise against CHicago I think we have the better team and style of play agianst them than the Jets do. GB matches up well aganst us as they can pressure and cover dont run match and can pass well.

Anyway I could go on and on but when that whistles blows in the 4th quarter and if we end up on top I will be extremely excited about our chances come payoff time with winter weather fast approaching :).

Yea @ Indy or San Diego 1st round is not a matchup I'd look forward to. Either of them in the snow is though :D .

SD and Indy still have head to head games (at home) against the Chiefs and Jags. I think the former 2 will remain division winners.

Monday night is an absolute must win game. In this year's playoffs you do not want to have to win 3 straight road games. Right now I would gladly take a 2 seed even if it means Balt or Pitt finishing ahead of us. But we have to win this division IMO.

SD and Indy still have head to head games (at home) against the Chiefs and Jags. I think the former 2 will remain division winners.

Monday night is an absolute must win game. In this year's playoffs you do not want to have to win 3 straight road games. Right now I would gladly take a 2 seed even if it means Balt or Pitt finishing ahead of us. But we have to win this division IMO.

KC and Jags both over SD and Indy(unless I read your post wrong)? Maybe KC but there's noway jags beat out colts for that spot.

Last edited:
KC and Jags both over SD and Indy(unless I read your post wrong)? Maybe KC but there's noway jags beat out colts for that spot.

Yeah you read it wrong, or maybe I just worded it poorly :cool:

I have Jets,Pats,Steelers,Ravens,Colts,Chargers as my playoff teams. Gonna be a dogfight

I would be very suprised if the winner isnt the 1 and loser the 5 come playoff time. Its pretty much everything on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes