PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Playoffs? dont talk about... Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRazor

Banned
Reaction score
"The New England Patriots are "beatable"
The Patriots have had every professional team they faced take their best shot at them, from players, coaches, coordinators, assistants, scouts, consultants, even John Madden, Bill Cowher, Dennis Green, Bill Parcells, and Jimmy Johnson were giving out their "blueprint", in the media, on how to beat the Patriots.

"Match the Patriots scoring, rush Brady, cover Moss, and any team can win on any given Sunday"
2 trap games this season (Ravens/Eagles), and several other teams who did just this^
Even games where they could have lost, The Patriots find a way to win.

"They are a finesse team that will NOT do well in bad weather"
We beat the Jets in one of the most miserable conditions: a nor'easter
Tom Brady is the ONLY OUT DOOR/ BAD WEATHER quarter back, all time,
who has averaged 300 yds per game in a regular season.
(the others were southern teams, or dome teams)
The fans in New England pray for snowy games.

"A quality playoff team can beat The Patriots"
AFC PlayOff Teams:
Colts 13-3
Pittsburgh 10-6
San Diego 11-5

NFC PlayOff Teams
Dallas 13-3
NY Giants 10-6
Washington 9-7

The Patriots slapped up every one of these playoff teams

"The Patriots will get bumped off in the playoffs"
The New England Patriots have been playing under the microscope since game one (spygate)
After the 9th week the national media started coming round talking about a perfect season.
Every game thereafter was carefully orchastrated, by the media, and the NFL, to spot light
New England and promote each game like it was a playoff game

So it dosn't matter who they play.
Each game, no matter the opponant,
has the same signifigance:

One game season.

and that, my friends,
is Patriot Football

"We have been on a one game winning streak for 17 weeks"

Very nice entrance, welcome to the forum !

I pretty much agree. The Patriots have reached juggernaut proportions, and for good reason. No "16-0 hate" from me.

To steer this toward this week's game--like a one-week troll should--I'm going to say that there's some damn good stuff in the old Norse religion about fighting literally-impossible odds and making a good show of it. (Look up something called "Ragnarok" on your Wikipedia.)

If I was a Jaguar in this game, that's exactly what I'd be thinking. Step-at-a-time, Winston Churchill "We-will-fight-in-the-streets" type stuff. The Ravens, Eagles, and Colts have carved their niches in the Pats' season by coming close. That's where the bar's set right now.

Er...here's to the Jags blowing everyone's mind?

I pretty much agree. The Patriots have reached juggernaut proportions, and for good reason. No "16-0 hate" from me.

To steer this toward this week's game--like a one-week troll should--I'm going to say that there's some damn good stuff in the old Norse religion about fighting literally-impossible odds and making a good show of it. (Look up something called "Ragnarok" on your Wikipedia.)

If I was a Jaguar in this game, that's exactly what I'd be thinking. Step-at-a-time, Winston Churchill "We-will-fight-in-the-streets" type stuff. The Ravens, Eagles, and Colts have carved their niches in the Pats' season by coming close. That's where the bar's set right now.

Er...here's to the Jags blowing everyone's mind?

hmm, not bad...if u talk like that all the time, u should stick around past this week....just to see the fans reactions here with 18-0...LOL

If the Jags play against the Patriots the way they played against Pitt, they will be sucked up into the Gillette vortex, the sound of the screaming 68,000 fans will drown out the sobbing whimpers of broken promises and forgotten dreams, the echo of the 1812 overture etched in each Jacksonville Jaguar's collective pysche, with their only consolation being, that one day, many years from now, they will be able to tell their grandchildren that they got the chance to not only witness sports history, but were an intregral part of it, albeit to their dismay.

"The saddest thing in life is wasted talent" ~Bob DeNiro, A Bronx Tale

11perps_span.jpg

Last edited:
As a Jaguar fan, I agree that if the Jags play like they did against the Steelers for most of the 4th quarter, it's all over. I believe Del Rio will make that point again, and again, and..... In the end, however, they did get it together enough to win.

I look forward to a good game this Saturday and hope for a Jaguar victory.

"Match the Patriots scoring, rush Brady, cover Moss, and any team can win on any given Sunday"
2 trap games this season (Ravens/Eagles), and several other teams who did just this^
Even games where they could have lost, The Patriots find a way to win.

To me this is the strongest indicator that they will win Saturday. They seemed to build a lot of character during those games.

That's the past though. As the ball bounces differently at times, one turnover at the wrong time obliterates all of that stuff in the past.

Ragnarok doesn't make sense in this context. It's just the big battle at the end of the world, a la Armageddon. Sorry, Jacksonville, but the football version of Armageddon is next week.

You'd have been better off mentioning Thermopylae, New Orleans, and Horatius at the Sublician Bridge.

Last edited:
You'd have been better off mentioning Thermopylae, New Orleans, and Horatius at the Sublician Bridge.

Rather, the Jags will be playing the role of the Romans at Cannae.

Or in the Teutoburg Forest. ;)

Yes, hopefully the red seat fans will step up and Gillette will prove to be that kind of an environment in the playoffs. :D

Ragnarok doesn't make sense in this context. It's just the big battle at the end of the world, a la Armageddon. Sorry, Jacksonville, but the football version of Armageddon is next week.

I should've been clearer: Ragnarok from the gods' perspective--i.e., the end of the world as we know it. Contrary to the popular opinion of the greater part of the "great state" of Massachussetts, the Duval world won't revolve around New England after this week.

Think of the "season" as the "world"...think of the Jaguars as Asgardians...I don't know, maybe don't be such a "richard" about sticking me to a metaphor when the point should've been fairly clear.

"It's just the big battle at the end of the world..."
Yeesh. Way to sound like an itemized know-something out of a religion class.

Think of the "season" as the "world"...think of the Jaguars as Asgardians...I don't know, maybe don't be such a "richard" about sticking me to a metaphor when the point should've been fairly clear.

"It's just the big battle at the end of the world..."
Yeesh. Way to sound like an itemized know-something out of a religion class.

What? The metaphor just made no sense... Ragnarok is next week, Patriots-Colts. Jaguars are just the warm-up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing