Welcome to PatsFans.com

Playoff ticket tips....

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by jaked713, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaked713

jaked713 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I do enjoy the board so I just wanted to throw my Playoff tricks out there for some of you who weren't able to get in on the Presale today.

The first is a company called Sports Travel and Tours which runs a bus trip, catered tailgate and a game ticket for $225. Not too shabby considering what brokers are asking and food is obviously included. Transportation as well, which means parking too! The AFC CG package was only $250, but that has since sold out.

The other, is for the Super Bowl (fingers crossed). I like to use "ticket options" or "fan forwards" which work like the stock market. The catch is if the Pats lose, you're out some money. If they win, you'll get a game ticket at far less than street value. I've used this with the Final Four, World Series and BCS National Championship Game with great success.

Two companies do this type of thing - The Ticket Reserve and Ticket Option, just Google them. I do think this should be the prefered path of most people in the future, as the Patriots have SB tickets built into those hefty club seat contracts and far fewer tickets have been made available for the Super Bowl 38 and 39 season ticket lottery because of it. Keep in mind, because of the record, it's far more expensive now than it was during Week 8, or Week 10. The market changes day-by-day. And the market for Super Bowl XLII in Tampa Bay should open up sometime during the off-season.

Hope I've helped. I've been to a lot of things because I've learned these tricks, including scoring the red hot Hannah Montana tickets in time for Christmas!

I hope to see you on the road to Glendale, Arizona..and hopefully in Glendale.
  2. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

thanks for the commercial... mods please delete.

actually, changed my mind... please leave up, so members can understand the scalper's scam better.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  3. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I do not believe any scalpers offered a package to the AFCC for $250, which included a bus, ticket and food. NFW they even offered just the ticket for that price!
    let me guess: you work for Sports Travel and Tours, and you are trying to increase the interest on your listings on the scam "ticket reserves" site?
  4. jaked713

jaked713 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do whatever you wish. All I know is that there's going to be a thread of ST holders *****ing and crying in a few weeks because the Krafts screwed them and their loyalty out of Super Bowl tickets. (fingers crossed on getting there)

Do you think Bob Kraft cares about the Average Folk he sat with all of those years when it comes to dishing out those seats? How many people do you know that won the SB 31 and 36 lotteries compared to the SB 38 and 39 lotteries. I know a lot.

The POINT is, I just walked in here and told some of the folks shut out here how to get ticket/tailgate and travel, for basically face value if you want to consider gas, parking and food.

Take it or leave it. I'm all set for the road to Arizona, just like I was set up for the World Series at Fenway, or the BCS Championship in New Orleans in a few days, or the Final Four in Atlanta.
  5. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

super bowl 36 tickets were also available to club seat holders.
  6. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

no. no more tickets were available to SB36 than SB38 or SB39 in the lottery.
    no, you didnt actually. you lied when you said a (your) company offered afcc packages for $250. and you got called on it. now your company looks like a scam (which it is)... i will happily buy 10 tickets/tailgate/travel packages for that price... you admit yourself they arent available... they never were... if im wrong, please explain once again how to get them.
    just like any good scalper... let me guess, you were the guy panicking with your last minute tickets, like every scalper does?
    but thanks for making your FIRST post (lol, as a longtime lurker/first time poster; never heard that before) one that would help us poor fans!

everyone, if you want a deal on tix (including SB, WS, anything at all), buy them the day of the game, when EVERY scalper panics!
  7. jaked713

jaked713 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

True, but they sold a lot of those seats after they won in New Orleans. I believe a cluster of sections, the less expensive have 1 SB ticket for every 2 club seats. The most expensive I believe are 1:1

Do yourself a favor and research those "scam" companies before saying I'm throwing out a free commercial. There was a great article in the Globe about the price changes during last year's AFCCG.

That being said, I am not affilated with either company. I did use them both and was passing along the good word. There's a company called Milne Travel that offered a Red Sox Postseason Package with 1 DS, LCS and WS game for a grand per-person. Knowledge is power on these things.
  8. groundgame

groundgame Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

9. jaked713

jaked713 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

just like any good scalper... let me guess, you were the guy panicking with your last minute tickets, like every scalper does?
    but thanks for making your FIRST post (lol, as a longtime lurker/first time poster; never heard that before) one that would help us poor fans!

everyone, if you want a deal on tix (including SB, WS, anything at all), buy them the day of the game, when EVERY scalper panics![/QUOTE]

The market changes on day-of-game, yes. It also can change both ways. Super Bowl XXXIX was a prime example of that because many, many, many Eagles fans went down without seats.

If the Cowboys and Patriots meet up, it won't change much at all, unless we're talking about the minutes before kick-off.

BTW, PM me, I'll prove it to you my friend. How do you think I'm going to the AFC CG. Of course, I booked a month ago.
  10. jaked713

jaked713 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

11. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

you are correct on the ratio of tix/club seats.
    before the XXXVI season began, i would estimate over 90% of club seats were sold, all on 10-year contracts... i would expect many more sold as the year went on.

what price change are you referring to? for the AFCC?

yes, knowledge is power. ive gotten extra tickets for pats home playoffs for face +/-, front row monster seats for under $200/ each... the key is DO NOT BUY EARLY... most people get nervous, but the last person to buy a ticket ALWAYS gets the best deal.
  12. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

very funny... two days ago i told some friends that within the next week or two, we would read an interview with a ticket "broker" (scalper), saying that tickets were hot, and that sometimes tickets go UP on gameday, and sometimes they go DOWN... i will refer them to your post... no, tickets NEVER EVER go up on gameday... a scalper has a hot potato on gameday and the buyer can offer FAR below asking price, and the scalper will dump them... happens at every sporting event... knowledge is power
  13. jaked713

jaked713 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There is the article in question when it comes to the AFCCG.

http://www.boston.com/business/globe/articles/2007/01/23/big_game_options_yield_rich_profits/

I think at least for the first playoff game the markup won't be that bad, especially because of the 8:00 start in Foxboro. (If they ever got the Megaplex done in the early 90's, I'd disagree) But if the Colts and Patriots play in the AFCCG, look out.
  14. jaked713

jaked713 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, if you're willing to wait, it does happen. But let's put it this way, for the "jewel events" (Super Bowl, World Series, Final Four, etc.) you have a lot of people who come down without tickets and with the hopes of landing them. Because of 9/11, that didn't happen with Super Bowl XXXVI and you have the famous ESPN Page 2 story of the guy getting in for $100. He tried the same stunt for the 2003 ALCS, Game 3 with out success. Does it happen? Absolutely. But the market for a major sporting event doesn't dive the way a Red Sox-Yankee game in May does.

Let's put it this way, I paid $4,500 for a pair of seats before the Championship Games were played. I got down to Jacksonville and four hours before the game, could have had about twice that. The same thing will happen if Dallas is there, AFC Champ notwithstanding. This is where "teams that travel come into play", New England, Green Bay, Pittsburgh and Dallas are four of the biggest.
  15. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

so you are referring to the price change of an "option" to buy an AFCC ticket? well, of course that would go up, as the event became more likely to occur... seems highly illegal... there are simply two components to the purchase price: the face price, plus the "option" price, which is being traded like an unregulated security... in essence, it is no different than betting a team will be in the SB (or whatever event).. eg. i bet ("buy an option") $250 (with ticket reserve) in preseason that the pats make the super bowl... if they make it, i "win" the $2500 profit i make from selling my $500 ticket for $3000.
  16. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

you paid a non-refundable $4500? or a refundable (depending on conf champs)
    no, i dont believe you could have gotten $4500/seat for any seat in the entire place 4 hours before the JAX SB... anyone paying that much already had their tix long before then. your best profit would have come within 24 hours of the conference championships... that is when people want SB tix; once they know their teams are in the SB... after that, it is all panicking scalpers.... watch this year; prices will drop daily right up until game time.
  17. jaked713

jaked713 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Kind of....

Let's put it this way, if I'm a ST holder. I would make the option part of my season ticket investment. The NFL is the only pro league which doesn't offer full ST holders rights to its title game. If you're a Celtics ST holder, you've got Finals tickets. If you're a Red Sox ST holder, you've got World Series tickets.

If you're a Patriots ST holder. You don't.

There are TWO ways to get Super Bowl tickets at the $700 face value.

1. Pull a miracle and win the NFL random lottery. (approx. 1% of tickets, or a few hundred seats)

2. Win the Patriots lottery, which is rigged big-time for Club Seat holders.

The face value is a joke because few tickets actually exist at face value. The market value is the key number. And while it changes, for the Super Bowl, it's typically around $2,000-$3,000 just to get in the door. The fact that we'll have two teams that travel in a location that isn't Detroit or Jacksonville doesn't help lower that price.
  18. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

i dont think the lottery is rigged for red-seaters... the red-seaters get their automatic 1 for every 2, or 1 for every 1, depending on price level... there just are so few seats, that i think no one has a real chance in the lottery.
    yes, typical prices are $1500+ to get in the door. i dont think arizona will be a big destination (it isnt new orleans or miami).. but, the teams could be huge... pats vs cowboys will be the most expensive ticket ever. pats/indy vs GB/cowboys might also be the #1. jax/seattle tix will be there for face.
  19. jaked713

jaked713 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But because those club seats exist and have tickets included, there are far fewer tickets now opposed to XXXI in the old stadium. And you can bet the 80 or so suiteholders have tickets already included as well. You're looking at another 1,000 or so right there of a 12,000 seat allocation right there...

Each lottery winner has had the right to buy two tickets. Let's say 4,000 club seat holders have tickets included. That's 2,000 less pairs up for grabs for the regular folk. Now they're fighting over 1,500 pairs of tickets tops.

Anyhow, it's all mute if they don't get there. That being said, Arizona has long been a Winter Hotspot for those in the Midwest. They've got a very good tourism industry (unlike Jacksonville) in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. It's not San Diego, but it's on par with Miami and New Orleans. Now that the stadium is in place, they'll be a part of the host city rotation.

If we're talking which matchups would generate the toughest tickets..

AFC - New England, Pittsburgh, San Diego (location) , Indianapolis, Tennessee, Jacksonville

NFC - Dallas, New York, Green Bay, Washington, Seattle, Tampa Bay

Four NFC teams travel well and spend big as do New England and Pittsburgh.
  20. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 2 / -0

Thanks for the info. Not sure why everybody always feels the need to slam people around here. I, for one, appreciate the info alot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.