PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff teams still "re-seed" after every round, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Chris Collinsworth's nose is too pointy for his own godamn good.

Scumbag

Last edited:
Seattle is the 3 seed, so they are definitely NOT playing the Cowboys

That leaves the Packers.

so why is the nfl network saying that the Packers are playing the Seahawks next week??

Because the Seahawks are ahead of the only other two teams remaining in terms of seeding, thus they automatically go to Green Bay who has to play the highest remaining seed.

3) Seahawks
4) Bucs
5) Giants

No, the NFL does not "re-seed". They do however change the "bracket" so that the lowest remaining seed always plays the #1 seed in the second round.

Put the Holmgren and Favre nut-hugging fest aside for 5 godamn minutes and prepare yourselves before you make yourselves look like even bigger ****heads.

Try this: look in the mirror and say "try thinking for 6 goddamn minutes and stop posting on patsfans before you make yourself look like an even bigger ****head".

Because Seattle DOES play Green Bay, for certain. Seattle is the #3 seed, Green Bay is #2. Dallas (#1) will play # 4 or #5, which won't be dicided until tomorrow.

witch nose mcgee

Last edited:
Unless i'm incorrect and they changed something... but last time i checked they re-seed the teams each round and Seattle is not the 6th seed so they ARE NOT DEFINITELY PLAYING GREEN BAY.
The last time you checked you must have been in an alternate universe. The NFL does not re-seed.

Seeds are determined before the playoffs start. Seeding does not change; a team keeps the same seed thoughout the playoffs.

Perhaps you are confusing brackets with seeds?

The NFL playoff format does not use brackets.

No, the NFL does not "re-seed". They do however change the "bracket" so that the lowest remaining seed always plays the #1 seed in the second round.

Try this: look in the mirror and say "try thinking for 6 goddamn minutes and stop posting on patsfans before you make yourself look like an even bigger ****head".

Because Seattle DOES play Green Bay, for certain. Seattle is the #3 seed, Green Bay is #2. Dallas (#1) will play # 4 or #5, which won't be dicided until tomorrow.
dude , take it down a notch. i don't know what you are talking about.

I'm over here talking about Collinsworth's schnozz and you are over here in left field talking about playoff seedings and other crap.

This Keegs guy is pretty smart. I also heard that he is an honorable fellow and is good with animals. He sure knows his football.

wow thanks.

You didn't have to do that.

Hey Keegs did that Steelers loss ruin your brackets? hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back