PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff seedings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee there is another team that has 4 losses on the road and no one is talking about them , and they are going to the playoffs, and that is the Stillers.. 1-4 on the road as well..

This will be the seedings I think come January--I actually like the idea of a 3 seed, because it potentially gives INDY an actual "team" in PIT to play in the divisional

1. Colts

2. Chargers

3. Pats

4. Bengals

5. Steelers(own tiebreaker head to head over DEN)

6. Broncos

Wild card gms

(6) Broncos @ (3) PATS....Pats love game manager qbs, Pats kill DEN

(5) Steelers @(4) Bengals....if Roeth is playing, I'll take PIT as CIN is untested in playoff games

For fun, let's consider divisional matchups

(5) Steelers @ (1) Colts= no idea who wins this, but I kinda like the Steelers in this matchup

(3) Pats@ (2) Chargers=flip a coin for this game, but I think SD finally gets the monkey off their back and have the ball at the end to win this gm.

One thing that sucks is that our playoff seeding may depend on the Jets. They play Cincy the last game of the season and we may need them to win. The Jets have a history of screwing the Pats in the last game of the season when their playoff hopes are on the line like last year. They could cost the Pats a first round bye.

If we win this Sunday, I have a strong feeling we win out. Hard to see us losing to Buffalo, Carolina, or Jax. Going to Houston is going to be tough, but with a #2 seed on the line and the possibility of Houston having nothing to play for, that is a game we should win.

If we lose any of these games, we do not deserve a bye. Be it by getting outplayed or luck, we've already blown 3 games this year that we should have won, so no more room for error if you want to be looked at as a top 4 team going into the playoffs.

I predict we finish 12-4 and get the bye, barring injury

By injury I mean major Brady-like injury. Obviously we're going to have other injuries

If we win this Sunday, I have a strong feeling we win out. Hard to see us losing to Buffalo, Carolina, or Jax. Going to Houston is going to be tough, but with a #2 seed on the line and the possibility of Houston having nothing to play for, that is a game we should win.

If we lose any of these games, we do not deserve a bye. Be it by getting outplayed or luck, we've already blown 3 games this year that we should have won, so no more room for error if you want to be looked at as a top 4 team going into the playoffs.

I predict we finish 12-4 and get the bye, barring injury

Actually I may be more worried about Jacksonville. Houston is a very much a Jeckyl and Hyde team this year. If they are out of the playoffs, Hyde will most likely be there to stay. Jacksonville is more alive in the playoff hunt right now (they have one more win, are 1-0 head to head against the Texans, and have a better division and conference record) and a game a week earlier increases the odds that they still will be.

One thing that sucks is that our playoff seeding may depend on the Jets. They play Cincy the last game of the season and we may need them to win. The Jets have a history of screwing the Pats in the last game of the season when their playoff hopes are on the line like last year. They could cost the Pats a first round bye.
Yeah, I saw that too. If the Pats benefit by a Bengals loss, my bet is Ryan starts Gholston while also sitting Revis in that game.

Yeah, I saw that too. If the Pats benefit by a Bengals loss, my bet is Ryan starts Gholston while also sitting Revis in that game.

Well, the sad thing is they don't even try to screw the Pats. The Jets needed to win the last game last year (and hope for a Baltimore loss) and eventhough the Dolphins were doing everything they could to hand the game to the Jets last year, the Jets did a better job trying to hand the game to the Dolphins.

Not necessarily. If we win at Miami, we don't need the Jets to do anything. I have a hard time seeing Cin getting past the Vikings and they also have to play SD. If we take care of business on our end, we should be fine.

I wouldn't worry about Cincy. They are going to lose a game somewhere. I think the Chargers will be our biggest obstacle (provided we win out of course). They are hitting their stride and playing lights out. They are going to run the table IMO.

I am not really sure how the seedings will have to work out for this scenario to work out, but wouldn't it be cool to have a path of revenge against all the teams that have beaten us. We lost to the jets and won the rematch and it would be cool if we met denver in the divisional round, then the colts, and lastly beat the saints in the superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes