PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

playoff schedule -- kind of

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a no-brainer. The Pats will play Saturday night and the Colts Sunday afternoon. The Packers will play Saturday afternoon and the Cowboys Sunday.

If they put an Indy-Pitt or Indy-SD matchup on Sunday at 4:30pm this will be a huge benefit to the Pats.

Wouldn't it be nice if home field advantage came with a choice of day and time slot?

This is a no-brainer. The Pats will play Saturday night and the Colts Sunday afternoon. The Packers will play Saturday afternoon and the Cowboys Sunday.

If they put an Indy-Pitt or Indy-SD matchup on Sunday at 4:30pm this will be a huge benefit to the Pats.

I don't think 3 hours would equate to a huge benefit. It's not like they are playing on Monday. But, if I had to guess, I would think FOX would have the late Sunday game if NBC has the Saturday night game.

I don't think 3 hours would equate to a huge benefit. It's not like they are playing on Monday. But, if I had to guess, I would think FOX would have the late Sunday game if NBC has the Saturday night game.

But they are playing a day LATER than the Pats, and would have to travel, and play a 3pm game in Foxboro. That's all good for the Pats IMO.

And I could see a Dallas-Seattle or Dallas-TB matchup moved up to 1pm if it's Indy-Pitt or Indy-SD.

Last edited:
i would love for the pats to be on sunday whether it be at 1 or 4. because of that, i'm pretty sure they'll be on sat.

I prefer Satrurday afternoon for the Pats, but expect Saturday night. This is good -- less waiting for me. Plus, they will be coming off a bye and playing the next week, so the extra day is good.

I prefer Satrurday afternoon for the Pats

Can't happen unless they switch to the NFC.

Didn't you read the link you posted? NBC has the first day of wildcards and is then done. Saturday 8PM is CBS, which is why people think it will be the Patriots. They could show the Indy game Saturday if they are afraid of the cold at night, but that hasn't bothered them before.

Since CBS has the late Saturday game it will probably have the early Sunday game, to spread the ratings around. I am surprised they have left the times on Sunday open, maybe there's something going on there we don't understand.

Last edited:
We'll definately have Saturday night...

Remember the Colts don't get primetime home games because they destroy everyone and are God's gift to football. I know this because Polian said so.

Last edited:
Remember the Colts don't get primetime home games because they destroy everyone and are God's gift to football. I know this because Polian said so.

That must be the only reason we beat them, playing at 4:15 instead of 8:15 :D

This is even better.I always thought the #1 seed played on Sunday evenings.I'd love for my Pats to play on Saturday night.It really doesn't matter what time or day we play just as long my Pats kick A**.

This is huge for the AFC.

The AFCCG is before the NFCCG, so the NFC only gets two weeks rest and the AFC gets 2 weeks and three hours. By the fourth quarter this extra rest will be apparent and will be the difference in the game.

Super Bowl is 6:18 p.m. Sigh, Another late game for the Pats. ;)

Any time on Saturday is exactly what I need. Saturday night would be best for my viewing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back