PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff Predictions (Post here to complain about people speculating)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Bonus points if you post something about "One game at a time".

Ran through the Playoff machine (the only good thing about ESPN) and came up with this:

7HtyC5y.png

Patriots over Oakland
Patriots over KC

Seattle over Minny
Seattle over Dallas (possibly NYG)

Patriots over Seattle

Below is what I'm hoping for and how it could get there. The conference records are in parenthesis and the losses are in red;

1 - NE 13 3 (10-2) Bal, atDen, NYJ, atMia
2 - KC 13 3 (10-2) Oak, Ten, Den, atSD
3 - Pit 11 5 (9-3) atBuf, atCin, Bal, Cle
4 - Hou 9 7 (7-5) atInd, Jac, Cin, atTen
5 - Oak 12 4 (9-3) atKC, atSD, Ind, atDen
6 - Mia 10 6 (8-4) Ari, atNYJ, atBuf, NE

Out;
Den 10 6 (7-5) atTen, NE, atKC, Oak
Bal 9 7 (8-4) atNE, Phi, atPit, atCin
Buf 8 8 (6-6) Pit, Cle, Mia, atNYJ,
Ten 8 8 (5-7) Den, atKC, atJac, Hou
Ind 7 9 (5-7) Hou, atMin, atOak, Jac

There are a few changes that could occur if Baltimore beats Pitt, Indy beats Houston and Miami loses one more AFCE game. Then it would be Balt, Indy and Denver in spots 3, 4 and 6.

The Pats will beat Pitt and KC at home and Dallas in the SB.

Whoa buddy, do you even listen to Coach? One game at a time, we're onto Baltimore. Seems like we're heading for a trap game on Monday night with the fans' minds already on the playoffs.

Anyways, it wouldn't surprise me if one of the NFC wild card teams make it to the Super Bowl. Including the *gulp* Giants. Seattle is too inconsistent game to game and, while I think they're both phenomenal players, the Cowboys' superstuds have to be nearing the rookie wall.

I like to speculate after the game is over but then no one believes my predictions and just ignore me. Like I'm the Skip Bayless of the forum or something.

Perhaps I should post a "look at me" thread and let ESPN help me with my "prophecies."

Whoa buddy, do you even listen to Coach? One game at a time, we're onto Baltimore. Seems like we're heading for a trap game on Monday night with the fans' minds already on the playoffs.

Anyways, it wouldn't surprise me if one of the NFC wild card teams make it to the Super Bowl. Including the *gulp* Giants. Seattle is too inconsistent game to game and, while I think they're both phenomenal players, the Cowboys' superstuds have to be nearing the rookie wall.

I think I've listened to just about every word the coach has spoken. He doesn't really have much to say though. He mumbles a lot too.

The Cowboys have been one of the most overlooked 11-1 teams I can remember. Everyone keeps expecting them to fail for some reason. They look pretty good to me.

Not complaining because it's fun to speculate but a quarter left of the season is just a bit early to make it really interesting.

But it's more or less fine...for some reason, I just thought of what I think was the ultimate "too early." It was maybe 10 years ago, and I wandered into a Chargers forum, where they were discussing....wait for it...whether the Chargers were going to be a Dynasty. Completely serious discussion about it.

The Patriots have to root for the Chiefs to win their games. That's my bottom line. If the Chiefs win, the Patriots can afford a loss to Baltimore or Denver.

If the Patriots end up 13-3 and tied with 13-3 Oakland, then Oakland gets the 1st seed. But if the Patriots end up in a 3 way tie with Oakland and KC, then the Patriots get the first seed.

So--I am a KC fan the rest of the year.

It pissed me off last night at the end of Thursday Night Football that instead of highlighting that the Pats now have the No. 1 seed, all the pundits, particularly Rich Eisen, immediately went on to, "and if the Ravens beat the Patriots on Monday night [like it was a foregone conclusion], then Kansas City will have the No. 1 seed!" That's my complaint. Grrrrr.

It pissed me off last night at the end of Thursday Night Football that instead of highlighting that the Pats now have the No. 1 seed, all the pundits, particularly Rich Eisen, immediately went on to, "and if the Ravens beat the Patriots on Monday night [like it was a foregone conclusion], then Kansas City will have the No. 1 seed!" That's my complaint. Grrrrr.

I mean, they were probably talking about playoff scenarios for KC...you know, the team that won last night and took the division lead.

The Patriots have to root for the Chiefs to win their games. That's my bottom line. If the Chiefs win, the Patriots can afford a loss to Baltimore or Denver.

If the Patriots end up 13-3 and tied with 13-3 Oakland, then Oakland gets the 1st seed. But if the Patriots end up in a 3 way tie with Oakland and KC, then the Patriots get the first seed.

So--I am a KC fan the rest of the year.

NE cannot end up in a 3-way tie with OAK and KC unless NE, OAK, and KC all fail to win their divisions.

In your scenario one of OAK and KC will win the AFCW. The one that doesn't is out of play when it comes to determining the top four seeds.

But it is true that if KC and NE win their divisions at 13-3 NE will get the #1.

Actually, if KC wins the AFCW at 12-4 then NE could lose to both DEN and BAL and still get the #1 seed if it beat NYJ and MIA.

NE cannot end up in a 3-way tie with OAK and KC unless NE, OAK, and KC all fail to win their divisions.

In your scenario one of OAK and KC will win the AFCW. The one that doesn't is out of play when it comes to determining the top four seeds.

But it is true that if KC and NE win their divisions at 13-3 NE will get the #1.

Ye, I get your point.

But the larger way to think about it is this: if Oakland wins out, they are division champs. Which means the Patriots can't afford a loss.

However, if KC wins out, then they are the division champs. And that means that the Patriots CAN afford another loss.

I mean, they were probably talking about playoff scenarios for KC...you know, the team that won last night and took the division lead.

But the larger point is that they are wrong.

If the Patriots lose to Baltimore, they are still the #1 seed.

But the larger point is that they are wrong.

If the Patriots lose to Baltimore, they are still the #1 seed.

Nope, KC takes over on some SOV tiebreaker.

AFCCG: PITT @ NE
NFCCG: NYG @ Seattle

Super Bowl: NE vs Seattle

The Patriots win the tie-breaker on best win % in common games:

Houston, New York, Pittsburgh.

KC is 1-2.
New England is 3-0.

I dont know about the order of tiebreakers exactly but fact is we need to win either against Denver or the Jets to have that one over KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes