PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff predictions [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Playoff Predictions Thread

Honestly,

If New England isn't in the playoffs, then I might as well get started on pumping out the septic tank, because there is nothing worthwhile watching football-wise.

I root for one team, and one team only. When their season ends, my interest in football ends. I simply do NOT understand how anyone else can be any different. Seriously. What kind of fan could you possibly be to be rooting for any other team? I just don't get it.

Gwedd, Just do what I do. When the Pats aren't playing , crack a few cold ones and pick a team to root against. I realize it's kinda tough to do when there's a strong dislike for so many teams in the playoffs but it's better than pumping sh*t. :D

Add these selections, perhaps.

Wild Card:
Ravens over Dolphins
Colts over Chargers

Eagles over Vikings
Falcons over Cardinals

Division Round:
Titans over Ravens
Colts over Steelers

Giants over Eagles
Panthers over Falcons

Conference Championships:
Titans over Colts
Panthers over Giants

Super Bowl:
Panthers over Titans

Last edited:

Wild Card Weekend:

Chargers over Colts
Ravens over Fins
Vikings over Eagles
Falcons over Cards

Divisional Weekend:

Titans over Ravens
Chargers over Steelers
Giants over Vikings
Panthers over Falcons

Championship Weekend:

Chargers over Titans
Panthers over Giants

Superbowl:

Chargers over Panthers

Last edited:

Some are patriot fans, some are Boston fans, some are sports fans, some are football fans. I am a patriot fans and an NFL football fan. Occasionally, I am a college football fan. For example, I thought it was awesone to see Utah beat Alamaba.

Many here have teams they root for when they aren't playing the patriots. Of course, there are many, many Giant fans in New England (as there have been for 50 years). I recall scrimmages, preseason or even regular season games where "home" games had more Giant fans than Patriot fans.

Personally, I like the great dynasty teams, most of the great organizations (the colts, the steelers, the cowboys). And yes, these teams often end up being our playoff opponents. And yes, I like great coaches like Parcells, Cowher and Fisher.

You don't have to root for a team, it's merely an excercise in predicting what you think will happen. My interest in football does not end with the Pats elimination - I'm still interested, although dispassionately so.

That being said, I will root for the BC kid and hope the Falcons can go all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes