Eagles over Vikings
Falcons over Cardinals

Eagles over Giants
Panthers over Falcons

Eagles over Panthers

Super Bowl 43
Steelers over Eagles

Re: Playoff predictions

No love for the Chargers huh? Even though the Chargers have beaten the Colts 3 out of the last 4 times they've played and even though the Colts barely beat the Chargers early this year, and that was before we fired our defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell and promoted Ron Rivera, which has improved our defense a lot since then. You guys seem to think that the Colts have this one in the bag.

Last edited:

No love for the Chargers huh? Even though the Chargers have beaten the Colts 3 out of the last 4 times they've played and even though the Colts barely beat the Chargers early this year, and that was before we fired our defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell and promoted Ron Rivera, which has improved our defense a lot since then. You guys seem to think that the Colts have this one in the bag.

Nah, I have the Chargers over the Colts.

Oakland
@Kansas City
@Fading Tampa
Fading Denver, who was never any good to begin with

Big WHOOP! Even if you do beat Indy, I doubt if you'll get past the AFCDG.

Oakland
@Kansas City
@Fading Tampa
Fading Denver, who was never any good to begin with

Big WHOOP! Even if you do beat Indy, I doubt if you'll get past the AFCDG.

I understand that our 4 game winning streak doesn't look very good but the point I was making was that the Chargers are matched up well against the Colts no matter what our record is compared to theirs. Remember the year when the Colts were looking to go 16-0 and the Chargers stopped them at 13-0? The Chargers that year were 9-7 and yet they beat the Colts at their strongest. Then last year we beat them twice(regular season game and divisional playoff game). This year, they barely beat us, 23-20 and our defense was much worse at that time and our running game was non-existent, whereas now our running game is back and our defense is much improved with the coordinator change. So, out of the last 4 times we've played them, they've only won once. What makes you think that they are going to beat the Chargers?

Last edited:

I understand that our 4 game winning streak doesn't look very good but the point I was making was that the Chargers are matched up well against the Colts no matter what our record is compared to theirs. Remember the year when the Colts were looking to go 16-0 and the Chargers stopped them at 13-0? The Chargers that year were 9-7 and yet they beat the Colts at their strongest. Then last year we beat them twice(regular season game and divisional playoff game). This year, they barely beat us, 23-20 and our defense was much worse at that time and our running game was non-existent, whereas now our running game is back and our defense is much improved with the coordinator change. So, out of the last 4 times we've played them, they've only won once. What makes you think that they are going to beat the Chargers?

Honestly-I was just playing with you. In all reality, ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs. I'm not so sure of the Colts can come out on the WC to win. And if you guys advance, you prolly have a good chance against either the Titans(50 year old QB) and the Steelers(OL sucks wind).

Really-I don't how some of these games are "locks" for some teams. Sure-the Eagles are head and shoulders above the Vikings, but the game IS being played in Minny...and aren't people forgetting the Vikings finished the season winning 9/12 and 5/6? Aren't people forgetting too that the Eagles beat a Dallas team that had explosive personality wrecking their locker room AND quit on Wade? Dallas would have given the Lions their 1st win if they played them instead.

Same with the Falcons/Cards game-Matt Ryan is a rookie, and the playoff atmosphere could very well get in his head. He didn't look particularly great against the Rams @home last week.

Like I said-anything can happen. Even the "peaking" teams aren't exactly locks either(i.e. the Colts weren't exactly "peaking" going into the playoffs when they won the Super Bowl 2 years ago, and neither were the Giants last year).

You actually don't matchup that well against us this year. And yes I am a Colts fan. I was listening to the Pats HC do his interview from Monday and he basically said the Colts matchup well with the Chargers defense (31st ranked pass D, no Merriman) and he didn't outright say it but he pretty much said the Colts are the team to beat and playing the best football. Turner was your back that killed us and he is gone. Guys like LT we always handle to a certain degree. Sproles can be a big concern and getting enough pressure overall on a pass happy Rivers.

And Rivera is 0-2 against Manning when he is a DC (Bears, Chargers game this year). Who cares if we barely beat you, we won. We did not have Sanders and Saturday left early too. Wayne was banged up. You say we barely beat you but you guys barely beat us last season. This is a new year and past games don't matter. This year we also hav Freeney back and Mathis is dangerous. We will need to get pressure on Rivers and I think we can pressure Rivers better than your team can pressure Manning. Freeney always eats McNeil's lunch. We also ran better on your team than we did on most teams this year.

Colts are also 5-1 against playoff teams and SD has not beaten one. And if it's a close game you have to like Indy based on the close games they have had all year with pulling out wins, SD seems to lose the close ones.

It's fine to believe your team will win but realize yes both teams always play close ones and these are different teams than before this season.

And it's time for us to return the favor from last seasons playoff loss. ;) I am not even saying the Colts will win or are a lock but I do like our chances and what happened in 05 and last year means nothing Saturday night.

Last edited:

First let me state that your whole reasoning is fallacious. The past doesn't dictate what's going to happen in the future. Pulling out past games tells us nothing about Saturdays game.

In the one lost you make excuses for why your team lost, yet you don't count the reasons why the Colts may have lost to the Chargers. I'm not one to make excuses but since you are let's point out in 2005 when we were 13-0 we weren't at our strongest, Corey Simon sat out the game, Freeney played but he was hobbled, Dungy put a dark cloud over the team so to speak by constantly saying to the media "our goal is to win the SB not go undefeated."

In the regular season game last year special teams scored most if not all of the points, Rivers single handedly almost blew a 20+ point lead, AV bailed you guys out by missing an easy FG in a game which Manning had no receiver to throw to but Wayne, everyone else was out (Gonzo, Marvin, Clark, etc) and he threw 6 INT's. That was a game in which if we lost one more offensive linemen we had no other linemen to put in his place a TE might have had to play guard or offensive tackle. Yet they still had a chance to win in the rain with a preseason team.

Then in the playoff game that was the first time since like week 4 all of our starters played in a game together, minus the injured Freeney. Mathis was coming off an injury he received late in the regular season he sat out the last few games. The pass rush was non-existent so Rivers and whoever the backup was had all day to throw which is bad news for any secondary. Harrison played like an old man coming off an injury, and Manning still threw for 402 yards in the game.

In the game this year you want to talk about how your defense was bad, but we had no running game whatsoever. We haven't had it all year. When you know a team has to pass that is the easiest game plan in history. The Chargers have just caught us at the the wrong times if you want to be honest.

Ask Pats fans how much previous ownage of the Colts has gone circa 2005-today.

Playoff Predictions Thread

Map out the playoffs starting with WCW. Go all the way to the SB. Anyone nails it perfectly gets extreme bragging rights.

Mine:

Wild Card Weekend:

Chargers over Colts
Ravens over Fins
Eagles over Vikes
Falcons over Cards

Divisional Weekend:

Titans over Ravens
Steelers over Chargers
Eagles over Giants
Panther over Falcons

Championship Weekend:

Steelers over Titans
Panthers over Eagles

Superbowl:

Panthers over Steelers

Re: Playoff Predictions Thread

Not to be a wise @$$ but it's almost like who cares since the Patriots aren't in it. I will say this though there is one team everyone seems to have forgotten about that has a legit chance to win it...................Indy Colts.

Wild Card Weekend:

Colts over Chargers
Ravens over Fins
Vikes over Eagles
Falcons over Cards

Divisional Weekend:

Ravens over Titans
Steelers over Colts
Giants over Vikes
Panther over Falcons

Championship Weekend:

Ravens over Steelers
Giants over Panthers

Superbowl:

Ravens over Giants

I will say this though there is one team everyone seems to have forgotten about that has a legit chance to win it...................Indy Colts.

By everyone do you mean no one?

Honestly,

If New England isn't in the playoffs, then I might as well get started on pumping out the septic tank, because there is nothing worthwhile watching football-wise.

I root for one team, and one team only. When their season ends, my interest in football ends. I simply do NOT understand how anyone else can be any different. Seriously. What kind of fan could you possibly be to be rooting for any other team? I just don't get it.

Honestly,

If New England isn't in the playoffs, then I might as well get started on pumping out the septic tank, because there is nothing worthwhile watching football-wise.

I root for one team, and one team only. When their season ends, my interest in football ends. I simply do NOT understand how anyone else can be any different. Seriously. What kind of fan could you possibly be to be rooting for any other team? I just don't get it.

You don't have to root for a team, it's merely an excercise in predicting what you think will happen. My interest in football does not end with the Pats elimination - I'm still interested, although dispassionately so.

That being said, I will root for the BC kid and hope the Falcons can go all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots