PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff opponent analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsull87

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Playoff opponent analysis

Alright guys lets take off our homer hats and have a bit of a look at the potential matchups to come. Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Also if you were the pats what would you do?

We can start off in the division round where we play Indy, Balt or Cincy. I'll start off with some initial thoughts.

Indy:
Strength: High powered offensively. Very explosive and diverse through the air and Luck out of the pocket is dangerous. Defensively they have very solid outside pass coverage and solid enough without being spectacular man coverage in the middle.
Weaknesses: obviously middle run d, luck can turn the. Ball over trying to make plays, abysmal running game.
Opportunities: if we can establish the run game like last time this will open up play action. They don't have the elite pass rush of some teams which helps. Attacking them through the middle is the key.
Threats: if they can man up against the run it will make moving the ball very tough. A slow start and a couple of early possessions for luck and this team can be dangerous.

I'll preface this with I think pats should be favourite in all games. But you can't ignore other playoff teams potential strength and our weaknesses and how they match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back