PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff Defenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one seems to mention that this Denver defence gets absolutely torched when they come up against the Pats offence. This year, last year in the regular season and in the playoff, you can't blame it on Tebow either.

How much of their defence statistics get padded up by facing Oakland, Kansas and San Diego twice? At least the Bills, Dolphins and Jets can put up a fight.

I'm going to be that loser who quotes himself :rolleyes:

But seriously does their defence get some serious stats padding? In what way is their defence game changing? No pressure and coverage breakdown. Against the top offences they have come across they've been woeful.

Last edited:
I'm going to be that loser who quotes himself :rolleyes:

But seriously does their defence get some serious stats padding? In what way is their defence game changing? No pressure and coverage breakdown. Against the top offences they have come across they've been woeful.

But... but... they allow less yards per game than the rest of the league!

Where are the defenses? Are you all seeing the scores out there?:eek:

Where are the defenses? Are you all seeing the scores out there?:eek:

SF's D (ranked #1 by Brandt) with Justin Smith injured is a shadow of itself. Seattle's D (ranked #2 by Brandt) without Chris Clemons was a shadow of itself, and couldn't stop Atlanta from getting in FG range with the game on the line - they're out. Denver's D (ranked #3 by Brandt) never stopped a good offense all season, and built gaudy numbers playing crappy offenses like KC and Oakland; they couldn't stop the deep bomb all day, and let Joe Flacco put up 14 points within the 1:00 minute mark at the end of each half, including with the game on the line, so now they're out, too. Green Bay's D, however, was every bit as sucky as advertised, so now they're out. :p

Meanwhile Atlanta's D is soft and shouldn't scare anyone. Baltimore's D is game, but old and slow. We'll see about Houston's D today.

And the Pats' D - is it a "playoff defense"? God, I hope not, based on these "playoff defenses". I'm not ready for that. But I hope it's going to be a good defense, better than most of what we've seen so far this weekend. Not a very high standard so far.

From what I saw this weekend, the Pats' D is competitive. Better than any of the remaining D's except for SF, and probably played as well as any D this weekend, with half of Houston's points coming either in garbage time or with a short field from ST returns. Some soft play after the team was up by 25, but that's to be expected.

From what I saw this weekend, the Pats' D is competitive. Better than any of the remaining D's except for SF, and probably played as well as any D this weekend, with half of Houston's points coming either in garbage time or with a short field from ST returns. Some soft play after the team was up by 25, but that's to be expected.

The defense performed pretty well for most of the game, but I wouldn't say slowing down after being up 25 is "to be expected". Especially considering the Texans were a bad bounce away from having the football at midfield, down 10 with 5 minutes to go. The game was by no means over once Vereen scored that TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back