PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players you’re most excited to see play on Sunday?

Sudfeld, Thompkins and Dobson. Would be great to se them all get off to a fast start.

Marquise Cole
Tavon Wilson
Stephen Gostkowski

Because my favorite part of games is the shrieks of dismay from patsfans because of a bad play or a missed 48 yarder when we're up 24 points.

Gotta go with the whole defense, to begin to see if the changes will have a significant difference.. want to see with BB and Matt Patricia will be doing with all of these new swiss army knives...

Tim Tebow-I thought they released him but Mike Salk insisted yesterday that he is easily the most fascinating player on this team.

Got to hand it to WEEI, they sure know how to pick their on air talent.

It goes against the premise of the thread but I will go with the defense as well, say what you want about the Bills as a team but they definitely have some explosive offensive talent in Spiller, Jackson, Johnson, and probably even Manuel. The Patriots will have to contain their run game to force Manuel to beat them with his arm, should be interesting to see if Spiller comes out the way he finished last season or if they can hold him down.

Don't let Spiller bounce it outside, he's nowhere near as good when he has to go up the middle and if he does try the middle against the Pats...well there's only Wilfork, Kelly & Spikes there to erm, "greet" him.

Offensive Players
Defensive Players
Special Team Players

Heck, it's opening weekend...who the heck isn't jacked up and welcoming back our "religion".

On Offense: Ridley, Vereen, Blount and Bolden, the running game to take some pressure off the rookie receivers. While I am excited about Thompkins, Dobson and Boyce their development and success is dependent on how well the 4 RBs do their jobs.

On Defense: pressure on the QB (not just pass rush although keen to see last year's 1st rounders' improvement in that area) and Talib/McCourty in coverage

Logan Mankins. I love watching him roam around somebody else's field smacking guys in the chops just for fun when they're looking the other way.

offence:

Thompkins
Sudfeld
the guy at RG( Cannon, i hope)

Defence:

Kelly
Jones
Hightower

Thompkins, Jones, Kelly, and Sudfeld for me.

Our defense not giving up big plays or not playing bend dont break defense would be a welcome thing to see. I want us to win 1 or 2 low scoring games this season.

Mostly Kenbrell Thomkpins

Then Jones etc.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the front 7 hopefully take the next step - its loaded with talent and experience - if they can do their thing then it'll take the pressure off the back 4.

I'm excited to to see the running game - Ridley/Blount make for a pretty decent pairing and Vereen in the scat role - though i'm predicting we'll see alot of spread formations Sunday - Buffalo are REALLY hurting in the DB's.

Kelly and the d-line (and blitzers) like someone else said, I want to see serious pressure this year, as I think it will make a world of difference.

On offense, I'll go out on a limb and say Josh Boyce. I hope he returns some kicks, and hope he gets some snaps on the outside. He should have had two long touchdowns in PS (Mallet missed him wide open in the first game) and that extra burst he provides just gives me hope.

Not sure he'll even get on the field, but if he does, I'd like to see him stretch the depleted Buffalo secondary a couple of times.

Can't wait to see McCourty's first pick six against Tuel or Manuel.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the front 7 hopefully take the next step - its loaded with talent and experience - if they can do their thing then it'll take the pressure off the back 4.

This, This, THIS. Of course, I have been looking forward to seeing this for years now.

Just like Brady can make good WR's great, a front 7 (and truly the front 4) will make a good secondary great. It is about time this happens. If the front 7 lives up to its potential, all of the gnashing of teeth over Gregory, Cole, Harmon, Tavon, etc will be proven all for nothing.

I want to see pressure on the opposing QB!!!

Oh...and Thompkins. Definitely cannot wait to see what could be the team's best X WR since Moss.

Alfonzo Dennard, because that would mean his legal dilemma has resolved itself.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back