PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players I'd love to draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddylove

Rookie
Reaction score
Some players after reading every possible publication I'd love to see with the Patriots. No particular order.

1. Richard Marshall CB Fresno State

This guy could be the best corner from the class 3 years from now. Marshall has a firm grasp on the patriots system already.

2. Barry Cofield (DE for 3-4) Northwestern

Cofield has a non-stop motor, i'd love to see him used at all three d-line positions.

3. Adam Jennings (WR/KR) Fresno State

Adam is Bethel without the attitude problems that have put him in the doghouse. A deepthreat and electrifying returner

4. Jahmile Addai (S) West Virginia

Meet the new Rodney Harrison. Played well all around for the surprising Mountaineers in 05.

5. Maurice Stovall or Jason Avant (WR) Michigan

Stovall is more familiar with the system but I find these guys to be similar with Avant having a tiny bit more gamebreaking ability.

6. David Thomas (TE) Texas

A long snapper too. This guy played great in the rose bowl, he has blocked for an elite back like Cedric Benson and caught passes for Vince Young.

7. Travis Williams (LB) Auburn

Williams is undersized but has incredible instincts and is always around the ball. He could bulk up over the next few years while contributing on special teams and in sub packages.

8. Elvis Dumerville (LB) Louisville

Great edge pass rusher who needs to work on coverage but has great athletic ability to adjust quick.

9. Kai Parham (LB) Virginia

The run-stuffing inside backer the pats really need. Unlike Monty Beisel he might tackle someone.

10. Jerious Norwood (RB) Miss St

Norwood is a stud. Playing for a decent team in the best conference posted great numbers. He can take it to the house on any play.

11. Ingle Martin (QB) Furman

Originally went to Florida before tranferring. Great arm strenght and knowledge of the game.

12. Paul McQuistan (T) Weber STate

Even though he played in the Big-Sky he has major potential at 4 positions. Quickness is a question but like most patriots lineman he plays with intelligence, leverage and leadership. Another unknown lineman for the pats to groom for the future.

13. Chris Gocong (OLB) Cal Poly

Gocong caught my eye at the combine. A very athletic, hard working former defensive end who must stand up at 3-4 olb. Reminds me alot of Tully Banta- Cain.

14. Connor Hughes (K) Virginia

What a leg. Played in the rain at Boston College and nearly cleared the net on a long field goal, hopefully he can work on his kickoffs.

15. Will Blackmon (WR/CB/KR/PR)

No need for Troy Brown to be a utility guy this season, Blackmon can fill that role.

pretty good. not sure about Jahmile Addai as a S. We drafted Sanders last year somewhat early and i rather get a 1st or 2nd round guy or just stick with current depth

blackmon is a good kid. he moved from CB to WR when team asked him to. hes fast and explosive at times

There are some quality players in that group. Norwood stands out in my mind. He could be a sleeper. Really fast. Could help on kickoffs if Bethel bites the waiver wire. You have to wonder what he could have been had he played behind a decent OL with a run first coach.

Buddylove said:
14. Connor Hughes (K) Virginia

What a leg. Played in the rain at Boston College and nearly cleared the net on a long field goal, hopefully he can work on his kickoffs.
There is no kickoff data in Virginia's statistics page, what is the story there?

id love to get Manny Lawson.

do you guys think that would be a good pick for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back