PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players don't care about the CBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwc

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The player interviews on NFL network this week have been stunning. These guys don't know and don't care.

Tonight, they talked to Shawn Alexander. Here's a guy that strikes me as being above average in terms of being intelligent and articulate. They asked him if players even paid attention to the CBA negotiations. He said that he did, but only because he's a free agent and it's his year for the bling. But, that otherwise, he probably wouldn't pay any attention at all.

No wonder Upshaw can represent the agents and not worry about the players. The players are too dumb to even care.

I don't think they are dumb...just uninformed and let the Player rep and Unkeen Gene deal with it. It has more to do with "things are finr" than anything else. I think once this started to hit, the players took notice and will take a closer look at things. If things were bad, they'd be on top of it, but the system works pretty good in football..why break it.

Pats726 said:
I don't think they are dumb...just uninformed and let the Player rep and Unkeen Gene deal with it. It has more to do with "things are finr" than anything else. I think once this started to hit, the players took notice and will take a closer look at things. If things were bad, they'd be on top of it, but the system works pretty good in football..why break it.

This would = ignorance. Ignorance isn't a bad word. Uninformed is almost the same definition of ignorance.

I would rather be called ignorant than a fool. A fool should know better.

Do you know the meaning of insanity?

Doing the same thing twice, and expecting different results.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
I would rather be called ignorant than a fool. A fool should know better.

Do you know the meaning of insanity?

Doing the same thing twice, and expecting different results.

No, please explain what you mean.

No, Please explain what you mean.

Pats726 said:

In the "be careful what you wish for " category, I heard on ESPN Radio, he ramifications of the uncapped year for the players. They have to pay for their own health insurance and no employer contributions to the 401K. The NFL has a sweet 2 for 1 plan. for every dollar the player puts in, management contributes 2. Put another way, it's a 200% return before you get started. Any player that doesn't max out is uninformed/ignorant/foolish.
I'm not sure if it was Clayton who stated his beleif that it would cost the average player $200K in benefits when you add it all up. Pretty steep price to pay for the average player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down