PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player to Tebow: "Shut the f--k up."

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite funny reading the comments below the written piece. I won't bother touching the premise of the thread as I'm sure it'll lead to some sort of "discussion" with ivanvamp. Something about not pressing your beliefs on others :D.

Last edited:
As much as I love the guy he needs to learn a lesson, I hope he did learn it and doesn't need to be put in his place again.

If you think that having men direct the F word towards him, or laugh at him, will cause Tebow to tone down his faith, I believe you are mistaken. I am certain that he doesn't feel "put in his place". Tebow is a leader, the other men in the story sound like Adalius Thomas.

There's a pretty big difference between being a leader among a bunch of 18-21 year-olds and being a leader among 53 grown men with out-sized egos and bank accounts to match. I hope that a 22-year old with a twenty-something Wonderlic score can figure that out quickly enough.

I don't think Tebow is going to do much in the NFL, but he sure seems like a nice guy. That's pretty messed up that those guys would say that. I don't find it funny at all.

If you think that having men direct the F word towards him, or laugh at him, will cause Tebow to tone down his faith, I believe you are mistaken. I am certain that he doesn't feel "put in his place". Tebow is a leader, the other men in the story sound like Adalius Thomas.
So what you're saying is you're not a leader if you're not religious like Tim Tebow and share his beliefs? The problem lies not in Tebow's beliefs (I believe in spirituality) but pressing it onto others who don't share his beliefs (which he has developed a reputation for). He seems like a good kid but he's outside of the Florida bubble now.

It would be interesting to listen to a discussion between Tim Tebow and the famed English biologist Richard Dawkins.

Last edited:

Leaders speak with their actions rather than words, you can take all the evangelists on TV and have thousands of hours of them talking about God and Christianity but how much have they actually done to be better Christians? I'm not religious but I'd be a helluva lot more impressed by the guy who quietly goes about his business while helping others than the preacher-type who's in love with the sound of his own voice.

I'm not claiming that's how Tebow is, I know he actually walks the walk, but I know I'd be less than thrilled by a guy who wanted to shove Jesus down my throat.

I don't understand what the fuss is about. Would it've been more acceptable to say "praise Allah" before the exam? People are itching to get on Tebow about anything...I kinda hope he does become a Patriot.

So what you're saying is you're not a leader if you're not religious like Tim Tebow and share his beliefs? The problem lies not in Tebow's beliefs (I believe in God) but pressing it onto others who don't share his beliefs (which he has developed a reputation for). He seems like a good kid but he's outside of the Florida bubble now.

It would be interesting to listen to a discussion between Tim Tebow and the famed English biologist Richard Dawkins.

I am saying that everyone should be free to express their own religious beliefs. If people are atheists, thats fine, they should not have to participate. But someone who says, "shut the f up", and giggles, to someone trying to express their religious beliefs? Not my kind of guy.

As we've mentioned once or twice, quarterback Tim Tebow's habit of openly expressing his religious beliefs could potentially rub folks the wrong way, especially in a locker room of grown men who choose to keep their beliefs to themselves, who don't share his beliefs at all, and/or who only want to hear "God bless" after they have sneezed.

We're told that Tebow already has gotten a taste of the resistance he might face at the next level.

Shut the fck up Florio...
Team_praying.jpg

Last edited:
So what you're saying is you're not a leader if you're not religious like Tim Tebow and share his beliefs? The problem lies not in Tebow's beliefs (I believe in God) but pressing it onto others who don't share his beliefs (which he has developed a reputation for). He seems like a good kid but he's outside of the Florida bubble now.

Tebow is a young kid who's still putting together experience to go along with his life's philosophy, and Dawkins is one of the bigger idiots on the planet. What would be interesting about that?

I'll take the better player.

+1

If I'm about to take this test that some teams use to evaluate me, and a guy says what Tebow said, I might blurt out the same thing. Maybe since they do this all the time pre-game in the NFL anyway, you can get away with it.

Before a career-impacting test.

Really?

I mean, shut the eff up!

I said this in another Teabow related thread and I will say it again. I think Tebow's actions, while pure to him, may come off as an act to others and start to get on other players nerves. He has to learn that not everyone is religious and if he is going to continue to be a leader, he will have to adapt to the nfl lifestyle. If you rewatch the Senior Bowl practice, 2nd day I believe, there was a short shot of him interacting with 2 wide recievers, one was Riley Cooper, and Cooper told Tebow to get the fock away from him and then the 2 WR started laughing as Tebow did indeed walk away. I think with all his leadership talk from the media, he is going to have a hard time "leading" a lockerroom, escpecially if he cannot even get on the field. He is in a tough spot.

Tebow is a young kid who's still putting together experience to go along with his life's philosophy, and Dawkins is one of the bigger idiots on the planet. What would be interesting about that?

For the love of all that is holy, let's not get into this here.

PATRIOTS. DRAFT. TALK.

Most football locker rooms are pretty pious. There's a lot of prayer that goes on, and there's a good mix of kids faith wise. Everyone does it. When your coach brings you in for it. If I was about to take a test, or stretch, or get dressed, or do anything football related and asked to pray without my coach bringing me in for it-I would likely tell that person to shut the f off too. Personally, I like the kid who said it. Like Tebow too, he just needs to learn how to deliniate his beliefs from actual leadership. He should talk to Don Davis.

Last edited:
Or that player could've said, "What you talking about Tebow?!"

"Dwight's religious appeal is amplified by the fact that the majority of this country can relate to what he practices, but it would be a mistake to use his celebrity as a bullhorn for his personal beliefs," said Scott Becher, president of Sports & Sponsorships, a sports marketing firm.

"There are some people who are disgusted at a guy like (St. Louis Rams quarterback) Kurt Warner, who after winning the Super Bowl gives glory to ************," said Mike Rohrbach, the long-time chaplain for the Seattle SuperSonics who also directs Run to Win Outreach, a youth sports ministry. "They think, 'I don't need to hear about religion when I'm watching the game.' "

On a mission from God - NBA - ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey