PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player that has stepped it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
74 total tackles(3rd..behind by 1 tackle..)
53 Solo(2nd)
4 INTs(leads team)
A game winning strip-sack

Brandon Meriweather ladies and gentleman. Filling in for Rodney's absence is no easy task but Brandon is doing pretty good(not the same role). Theres times that he looks like a 2nd year player and theres times he looks like a pro bowler but remember hes still very young and hes made a huge impact thus far. This kid is going to be great in a few years. Keep it up young man.

Re: Player thats stepped it up

74 total tackles(3rd..behind by 1 tackle..)
53 Solo(2nd)
4 INTs(leads team)
A game winning strip-sack

Brandon Meriweather ladies and gentleman. Filling in for Rodney's absence is no easy task but Brandon is doing pretty good(not the same role). Theres times that he looks like a 2nd year player and theres times he looks like a pro bowler but remember hes still very young and hes made a huge impact thus far. This kid is going to be great in a few years. Keep it up young man.

lol, and hes only behind by like Mayo, who is a rookie....

this defense is getting young....quick

lol, and hes only behind by like Mayo, who is a rookie....

this defense is getting young....quick

Yup... I think your post about sums it up. I am quite pleased with this so far. I suspect that with an off season next spring to rest up and go over this year and review, they will make an even bigger impact next year.

I'd give kudos to Kevin Faulk as always and to semi-fragile Morris who has made us all forget our ever fragile #1 RB.

Of course the thread title is OWNED by Matt (HOF) Cassle. OK, the HOF part is a joke...as of 2008.

I'd give kudos to Kevin Faulk as always and to semi-fragile Morris who has made us all forget our ever fragile #1 RB.

Of course the thread title is OWNED by Matt (HOF) Cassle. OK, the HOF part is a joke...as of 2008.

CasselHOF? :D ;) :bricks:

Last edited:

No one has stepped up like Cassel this year...maybe in the whole NFL!
Matt Ryan for Falcons, too, but not so much.
Mayo's been great but we expected a lot from him, right?

Meriweather
Mayo
Cassel
Faulk
Wilfork

These are the 5 players who have consistently elevated their play over what we've gotten in the past from them. Obviously Mayo is a rookie but he's the only rookie who has been out there consistently.

Three #1 draft picks on defense have performed very well for us, so for everyone bemoaning the Watson pick, at least recognize that Wilfork, Mayo and Meriweather look good.

I am going to put Hobbs on this list as well.

I think he has stepped up to the plate and while not turning into a Asante ot Law he has been solid and I ask where this secondary would be without him.

and

Seymour

It seems weird to say he stepped up but after a few injury plagued season his return to form has helped hold this defense together.

Last edited:

Meriweather
Mayo
Cassel
Faulk
Wilfork

These are the 5 players who have consistently elevated their play over what we've gotten in the past from them. Obviously Mayo is a rookie but he's the only rookie who has been out there consistently.

Three #1 draft picks on defense have performed very well for us, so for everyone bemoaning the Watson pick, at least recognize that Wilfork, Mayo and Meriweather look good.

I'm assuming the only reason Welker isn't on that list is that he was already giving his all? :)

I'm not really sure that Merriweather has been "replacing" Rodney. At his size, he's not really suited to be a SS. I was of the opinion that JSanders was playing more of the SS position. If it IS true that Brandon has been playing SS then even more kudos belong to him, because he'd be playing out of position. His best position would be FS.

I'm assuming the only reason Welker isn't on that list is that he was already giving his all? :)

He was great last year, he's great this year. Has Welker improved markedly?

Guyton- UDFA- looks like a keeper for the future.

Guyton- UDFA- looks like a keeper for the future.

The injury bug is real bad when you go "Oh, No!" when UDFA LB Guyton leaves the game injured.

The injury bug is real bad when you go "Oh, No!" when UDFA LB Guyton leaves the game injured.

Sadly that is so very true.

I think Neal is quietly having an excellent year as a drive blocker on running plays. He seems to be clicking with Kazcur on the side of him.

I am going to put Hobbs on this list as well.

I think he has stepped up to the plate and while not turning into a Asante ot Law he has been solid and I ask where this secondary would be without him.

Your kidding, right?

I'm Joking.

Way too early to tell. I am not booking my hotel in Canton for his induction yet. But I would not discount it as impossible either. In three or four year we can start discussing if he has a possibility or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes