Player intros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevy

Huh?
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
MNF needs to rethink allowing players to handle the announcements .... Please!

Those things are so weird and stupid.

Maybe it's a generation gap thingy but I for one MUCH preferred the old style and I absolutely cannot stand the concept where one player makes a total a s s of himself and also leaves out the majority of his teamates.

I'm gonna charge into that ESPN Production booth, go up to the Director's office and chop his M********** Desk in half! BYAH!!

It's horrendous. As are the announcers. The worst, though, is Deion Sanders on NFL Network. He makes Michael Irvin look like a great announcer :eek:

BelichickFan said:
It's horrendous. As are the announcers. The worst, though, is Deion Sanders on NFL Network. He makes Michael Irvin look like a great announcer :eek:

I wouldn't say the announcers are particularly bad. I like the play by play guy.

zippo59 said:
I wouldn't say the announcers are particularly bad. I like the play by play guy.
Tirico is marginally OK. Theisman is awful and Kornheiser is worthless.

BelichickFan said:
Tirico is marginally OK. Theisman is awful and Kornheiser is worthless.

Theisman is Theisman. Nothing more to say than that. Kornheiser has been better than I thought he was but nothing spectacular.

I so often hear fans complaining about terrible announcers and rarely saying anything good about any announcer. I refuse to believe there are absolutely no good announcers so I'm trying to find anything I can compliment.

I'm not quite sure what Dwyane Wade was doing in the booth, but I laughed out loud when Tirico asked him what happened in the USA/Greece basketball game, and Wade's response was, "We lost."

zippo59 said:
Theisman is Theisman. Nothing more to say than that. Kornheiser has been better than I thought he was but nothing spectacular.

I so often hear fans complaining about terrible announcers and rarely saying anything good about any announcer. I refuse to believe there are absolutely no good announcers so I'm trying to find anything I can compliment.

Simms is pretty good. Esiason is really good on the radio for MNF. He should have a full time gig on ESPN for MNF. I'll probably think of some more as the night goes on.

mgcolby said:
Simms is pretty good. Esiason is really good on the radio for MNF. He should have a full time gig on ESPN for MNF. I'll probably think of some more as the night goes on.

I do agree with both of those. I think Al Michaels is good but he has to drag around that buffoon John Madden.

zippo59 said:
I like Simms. And I really liked the trio on the second MNF last week with Vermeil, Jaws and someone. I've also grown to like Michaels and Madden.

But these guys blow.

zippo59 said:
I do agree with both of those. I think Al Michaels is good but he has to drag around that buffoon John Madden.
madden may be a buffoon but he is spot on with the calls on the field before they show the replays especially with respect to who commit what penalty etc...He goofs around but is informative unlike these guys on ESPN

Madden is Captain Obvious be he is definitly a likeable guy and honestly Thanksgiving isn't the same without hearing his voice. I also miss Pat Summerall the greatest announcing duo of my relatively short lifetime.

Chevy said:
MNF needs to rethink allowing players to handle the announcements .... Please!

Good call Chevy. Get rid of the sideline reporters and show the game every now and then (versus the bozos in the booth) and MNF might just be tolerable. :)

For Color analysts I kind of like Jaws, Simms, and Collinsworth isn't bad. I think Tirico is one of the better play-by-play guys. Michaels is also good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back