PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Play for Patriots, have a career in broadcasting.... (Matt Light)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Willie McGinest, Heath Evans..... and now Matt Light has been added to ESPN's crew of analysts.

Matt Light joins ESPN as NFL analyst - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Light, who visited ESPN as a guest NFL analyst in May, will make his debut Monday, July 23.

“Matt is a great addition to our ESPN team because he sees the world and the game of football from a refreshingly different perspective than most,” said Seth Markman, ESPN senior coordinating producer for NFL studio shows. “He has an engaging personality and he’s unafraid to offer honest opinions, which fans will appreciate.”

Light said, “I'm really looking forward to joining the ESPN family and getting a chance to see the game from a different side. I'm obviously depending heavily on my rugged good looks and ability to avoid run-on sentences to succeed in this new role.”

Good for him. Good luck Matt!!!

Kraft: "Video released...distraction successful."

ESPN: "Somebody set up us the bomb."
BB: "All your base are belong to us."
Brady: "You have no chance to survive make your time."
BB: "For great justice."

As much as I had wished he could have played a couple of more seasons, I am very much looking forward to him in the studio.

If the let him be himself, he'll be one of the best!

Last edited:
For Matt, Pats had nothing to with it. You could always tell he was made for TV. Harrison is a HOF player and an awesome analyst.

Crap...I do not get ESPN (the FOX network of sports), nor do I want it....I was hoping he would join NFLN.

So does anyone know if it is Countdown or pre-game Monday Night Football he wil be on. I believe TSN picks that up.

I think he obviously will be great as long as his schtick does not turn into an ALL comedy act. ESPN would feed that behavior.

Last edited:
t seems like ESPN hires even guy who retires .... when you win SB's you get a shot with the networks. I hope Matt has the success the others have had so far.

t seems like ESPN hires even guy who retires .... when you win SB's you get a shot with the networks. I hope Matt has the success the others have had so far.
not only do i think he will have success... i think he'll have the most longevity if he wants to

For Matt, Pats had nothing to with it. You could always tell he was made for TV. Harrison is a HOF player and an awesome analyst.

no one would know who matt light is if he weren't a patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back