PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Plaxico or Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummmmmmmmm actually i'm pretty sure that it is Jarvis Moss
Did the Giants cut Sinorice after last year? I don't follow these things.

ETA: I checked. Sinorice is still with the Giants. Who is Jarvis Moss?

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
I am a die hard Giants fan, but this isn't an issue. When Randy Moss is on his game he is the best WR in football. He is going to rewrite the record books for a single season at that position this year if he stays healthy

Plax is an excellent WR. Excellent, hes a legit #1, and an excellent blocker, an elite blocker at the position, very well rounded. But he nor anyone else in the league is as good as Randy Moss when Randy Moss is on his game

Last edited:
Plaxico's nickname among the players is "Plexiglass."

You'd have to have an iron helmet to think this was a legitimate question.

That Plexiglass story gets thrown around so much it seems like people forget where it came from. The only people ever to call Plax "plexiglass" were a few Baltimore Ravens players prior to a game against the Steelers in 2001

Plax responded and came out with 8 catches for 164 yards and a TD and the Steelers knocked off the defending champs

I am a die hard Giants fan, but this isn't an issue. When Randy Moss is on his game he is the best WR in football. He is going to rewrite the record books for a single season at that position this year if he stays healthy

Plax is an excellent WR. Excellent, hes a legit #1, and an excellent blocker, an elite blocker at the position, very well rounded. But he nor anyone else in the league is as good as Randy Moss when Randy Moss is on his game

That about sums it up.

You can make a legitimate case that Moss is the most talented receiver in the history of the NFL. When he's on top his game few WRs in NFL history can match him. Jerry Rice....that's about it.

I'm not sure what basis someone has to argue for Plaxico in this case.

And for my next thread, Brady or Pennington?

Lets assess this honestly :D

PLaxico Burress has incredible physical tools. He is fast, he is tall, he is strong, he can leap over defenders, and he has fluid hips. But Moss has all of those things as well, and is faster than Plax. So even in terms of physical ability (which is the only category in which Plax could possibly hope to equal Randy), Moss is better. But Moss edges even further ahead if you consider the most important thing for a WR- catching ability. IMO, Randy has hands on par with Marvin Harrison's and is actually better capable of bringing in high balls than any other receiver I have ever seen (ever!).

No doubt, Plaxico has suffered immensly from lapses of concentration and not beign on the same page with Eli, which have caused his numbers to suffer. Im certain that with his physical tools, he could belong to the elite. But he has to improve his concentration, he has to catch the ball more consistently, and he has to be more coordinated with his QB.

So Randy > Plax. But Plax is definately > than a majority of NFL receivers, at least in terms of talent, even if most of it goes unrealized.

I'd like to submit this thread as the "dumbest friggen question"....... EVAH

What a joke of a question. Plax isn't in Moss's league.

Of course...:rocker:

Hoping folks can keep the homerism at bay, and answer honestly. My friend seems to think they are comparable at this point in their careers.

Sounds like your friend is mentally challenged.

Oh, I'd much rather have Plaxico Burress. And I forgot to mention I'm an idiot. :singing: :singing:

WTF is this thread a joke?

ROFL. How is this in any way a debate??

Two consectuive weeks last year Eli threw in Plaxico's direction and was picked. Both times Plaxico just gave up and gave half @ss attempts to tackle the DB. Both time the guy got away easily and scampered for big yardage on a return. Plexiglass (as Ray Lewis would say) is a loser.

Please tell me this is a sick joke...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey