PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Plaxico: " Giants' Receivers are Better "

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
Here we go, not that the Pats needed any extra help, but here the Giants go shooting themselves in the foot before the Superbowl...
-----
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3215952

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Plaxico Burress has made some amazing catches. And this amazing statement:

His Giants may have better receivers than the Patriots' very deep group of Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte' Stallworth and Jabar Gaffney.

The response from New England? No laughter, no putdowns, no he-said-what? Just check out what happens on the field.

"The good thing about the National Football League and I think in life, you have opportunities," Patriots safety Rodney Harrison said, "an opportunity to make sure that comes to light. So we'll see."

Anther idiotic comment for the bulletin board... who is in charge of that asylum.

I'm pretty impressed that he has managed to belittle and insult both our WRs and his own QB the weekend before the superbowl. I like him because he's smart.

I hope the Giants keep talking trash

:rofl:

Man, why make an idiotic statement like that? Plaxico has good stats and I'd love to see him on this team (if he keeps his mouth shut) but the overall receiving numbers give a huge edge to the Pats. The Giants really don't know anything about the Pats and BB do they? Keep talking. Please keep talking.

I'm pretty impressed that he has managed to belittle and insult both our WRs and his own QB the weekend before the superbowl. I like him because he's smart.

Your thinking is the real problem. Did you read the quote or don't you read in English? In English we use "are" to indicate a state of being. Example, "Our receivers are better than theirs." Also, it's customary in English to indicate a questionable statement with "may be". That is not the one word "maybe". It's the two words indicating "may be in a state of being." Typically in English we use the words "may be" to draw comparisons without also drawing hardened conclusions.

The only ones drawing hardened conclusions are thin-skinned Patriots fans who I don't seem to want to relate to these days. What I don't get is how you guys can twist a guy's words into something that he never intended. Forget the fact that he should have said nothing. That's beside the point. The point is that he said something harmless, like the FredEx joke that was intended to be a point of lighthearted humor. Then somebody with thin skin turns it into WWIII.

So I have a question for you. If what he said is so "stupid" why didn't you laugh it off?

The fact is that the Giants have very good receivers. Let us not argue like school children about whose are better. Let's just say that we wouldn't trade our guys for their guys. But does that mean that they don't have excellent receivers worthy of some kudos or attention? Of course not. We're supposed to be grown ups here, right? Burris did not guarantee anything, and I think what you guys are doing is reacting as if he did. Even you used the word "insult". The only insult is your lack of brain power.

the way this is going the Pats are going to need a bigger bulletin board just to fit it all

keep that trash mouth working PB.. will be funny to have that mouth stuffed
with patriot confetti after losing. Just a dumb ass...keep it up keep squaking..the Pats LOVE IT!!

The fact is that the Giants have very good receivers. Let us not argue like school children about whose are better.

Okay, I agree that we shouldn't argue like school kids but what's wrong with comparing their WR corp and the Pats? Did the Giants passing game set any team or league records this year? Do any of their QB or WR stats match up with Moss or Welker? They might have an edge in the TE department but clearly the Pats have a better passing game than the Giants do.

Plax has out played the Pats receivers so far in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes