Welcome to PatsFans.com

Plane crashes into suburban Buffalo-area home; 49 killed

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

very sad...

But, quick!!!... check the logs.... were there any threats to the Empire on board? anyone set to testify against Tricky Dick or Dandy Donald?

:popcorn:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Bush/Cheney did it :rolleyes:

4. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ah yes, the McConnell crash ... i had almost forgotten... what with the mainstream 'liberal' media completely ignoring the story entirely, and all... :rolleyes: ... pffft... that was so last christmas... forget it.

ah well... in all seriousness, i don't contend anything nefarious happened with the buffalo crash...

still, i think a lot of these aging birds are going to start falling out of the sky with greater frequency... most of these companies haven't invested in new jets for years now... as the years roll past, they do break down... and last i checked, the airlines weren't investing in their product very much....

i think i remember seeing a recent special on Discovery about how the airline industry is aging and not being updated very regularly.. leading to serious concerns ... etc.

6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

They were reporting on the news last night that the pilot screwed up by leaving the auto pilot on when he encountered ice, kind of a dirty trick IMO. The thinking behind shutting off the auto pilot is that almost any amount of ice changes the way the airplane handles and a pilot hand flying the plane will notice the change, while an auto pilot won't. The problem here is that he's on tape reporting the fact that the plane was picking up ice. He knew this was happening, the likely reason he reported it was to light a fire under ATC's azz about vectoring him out of it. So there's really no reason to believe he didn't notice it at all.

This is exactly why the NTSB is so tight-lipped for months after major crashes. Its not because they're trying to cover up evidence of conspiracy. Its because this pilot's family is suffering enough. They don't need to hear it reported that he blew it and is responsible for the crash when nobody has really figured out anything yet.

7. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The passenger list came out almost immediately after the crash but the details about the crash itself and the victim bios are finally beginning to emerge in more detail.

MY personal tin hat choice right off the bat was actually the person nobody's really saying much about, Alison Des Forges. This woman was a pioneer of Human Rights Watch,dedicated to her cause, the first to declare Rwanda a genocide, and apparently was highly critical of Prez Clinton's reaction to her findings back in 1999.

For anyone who's interested you can read more about her and her work here:
    Democracy Now! | Human Rights Investigator and Rwandan Expert Alison Des Forges Dies in New York Plane Crash

A bit more on the Human Rights Watch and Gaza:http://www.democracynow.org/2009/2/16/human_rights_watchs_kenneth_roth_on

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009