PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Plan B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironwasp

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I have an idea. I appreciate it's pretty far out, but just stay with me for a moment.

In the (probable) absence of Deion Branch, I think BB should seriously consider bringing Troy Brown in as an emergency WR.

I know how valuable the guy is as a kick returner, that he's more or less irreplaceable as a nickel back and that if Tom Brady goes down we're short of a quarterback. (And let's not even contemplate what happens if he's not there to replace Seymour on the DL).

But I reckon we could get some use out of this guy out wide. OK, he's slowed up some, and he can't play both sides of the ball for 60 minutes but he knows how to catch a football, he knows what TEAM means, and Brady trusts him.

I say: Go with Troy.

:)

Heres how my depth chart would be at WR...

#1 TROY BROWN
#2 RECHE CALDWELL
#3 BAM CHILDRESS
#4 CHAD JACKSON
#5 SOME DOOD.

Kdo5 said:

#1 TROY BROWN
#2 RECHE CALDWELL
#3 BAM CHILDRESS
#4 CHAD JACKSON
#5 SOME DOOD.

I love the idea of Some Dood. I've seen him play on a number of occasions for Some Other Team, and he looked tight. I was just kind of hoping he was nearer #2 on our team than #5.

ironwasp said:
I have an idea. I appreciate it's pretty far out, but just stay with me for a moment.

In the (probable) absence of Deion Branch, I think BB should seriously consider bringing Troy Brown in as an emergency WR.

I know how valuable the guy is as a kick returner, that he's more or less irreplaceable as a nickel back and that if Tom Brady goes down we're short of a quarterback. (And let's not even contemplate what happens if he's not there to replace Seymour on the DL).

But I reckon we could get some use out of this guy out wide. OK, he's slowed up some, and he can't play both sides of the ball for 60 minutes but he knows how to catch a football, he knows what TEAM means, and Brady trusts him.

I doubt Troy plays anything but WR this year. He might return some punts, but its not very likely we use him at CB unless we get killed by another rash of injuries.

Say no to drugs. :nono:

I just want to know who Deion gets traded too this week, now that Pioli knows who was interested...

Kdo5 said:

#1 TROY BROWN
#2 RECHE CALDWELL
#3 BAM CHILDRESS
#4 CHAD JACKSON
#5 SOME DOOD.

We agree for the most part with a couple caveats. Caldwell better perform better than what we've seen so far or Bam Childress may be #2 before you know it. And I love Troy but having TB and Bam as our starting WR's, that's a little scary.

And Chad Jackson better learn the playbook and get on the field quick or some dood is going to unseat him for the #4 slot.

ironwasp said:

You get one hearty LOL for that.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes