Welcome to PatsFans.com

Places You Like to Go Out to Eat

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Ian, May 3, 2010.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

Please post the name of any restaurants you enjoy eating at - whether it's a local place here in New England, or a national chain (ex: Chili's, Olive Garden, Longhorn, Bugaboo, etc.) If you live outside New England - please post a national chain if possible.

I've got something I'm working on, and would appreciate the feedback as it will be necessary in what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks again,

Ian
    Last edited: May 3, 2010
  2. BradyBranch39

BradyBranch39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Umm, I go to BK twice a week because it's across the street from my mass comm class.

??
  3. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

In Portland, Maine I frequent the following:
    Susan's Fish n Chips (fried lobster tail on a stick and byob)
    The Front Room (breakfast)
    El Rayos (Mexican)
    Portland Pie Company (pizza)
    Norms on the East End (BBQ)
    Buck's Naked BBQ (Freeport)
  4. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Gibbet Hill, Groton

Joe Fish, N. Andover
  5. SyN65

SyN65 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

6. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

I live in Buffalo so...

I'll post about great New England places I like eating at.

In New Haven, there's Sally's and Pepe's Pizza. Best pizza I've ever had. Also, Bentara's Malaysian. Great stuff.

In Providence, there's Apsara's Asian, Wes's Ribs, and a little place way up the hill that goes by humble name of Mexico Garibaldi. Also, over the river in South Providence, there's a restaurant/club with no name behind a Jaguar dealership, and it serves the Guatemalan community. I think the name was supposed to be Mi Guatemala, but there was no sign. Fantastic authentic food, but avoid it on a soccer night. It gets rowdy.

In Boston, I was partial to Red Bones BBQ and the V Majestic (Vietnamese) on Brighton Ave. I'd recommend both highly.

Though I've been there only once, I thought this Mexican restaurant in Kittery, Maine was pretty good, Loco Coco Taco's. It's not authentic, but if you want a quick meal and a brew, I can't see how anyone could do better.
  7. PatsChamp88

PatsChamp88 Rookie

Ratings:
    +41 / 3 / -0

#75 Jersey

Hmm national yet not fast food..

Buffalo Wild Wings
    Chilis is decent
    Don Pablos
    Famous Daves BBQ
  8. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +885 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

Chili's, Longhorn, Outback, Tijuana Flats, to name a few. Whatever it is you're doing, don't include Applebees. Just horrible. :eek:
  9. PatsChamp88

PatsChamp88 Rookie

Ratings:
    +41 / 3 / -0

#75 Jersey

Yeah that name crossed my mind but that's about as far as it got.
  10. Urgent

Urgent Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

Favorites:
    Helmand's, Cambridge MA - phenomenal Afghan food
    Villa Francesca, Boston's North End - can't go wrong in North End, great meals here

Local
    Ixtapa, Mexican in Woburn

Chains
    Macaroni Grill
    Paparazzi

Favorites anywhere
    White Sun of the Desert (Beloye Solntse Pustyni), Moscow
    Rumeli Ä°skele, Istanbul
  11. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +526 / 13 / -12

I'm here in R.I.

I'll defer to my Massachusetts and Connecticut,Maine,N.H.and Vermont brethren but as far as Rhody goes, I've lived here my entire life, worked in the business and am a certified amateur kindasewer of RI cuisine.

1)Nordic Lodge....Nordic Lodge Charlestown RI
    Please...fahgeddaboudit...yeah, everybody blabs about their favorite buffet joints and whatever...put it this way...every Saturday and Sunday dozens of airconditioned buses drive three and four hours up from the NY/Jersey metro area to dine on THE finest buffet on the East Coast...and believe me...I've probably seen them all....all the lobster, real king crab,prime rib, tenderloin steak,sirloins,jumbo ****tail shrimp,jumbo fried shrimp, (in fact 8 different shrimp choices,)baked or fried scallops, tons of different salads, veggies, side dishes, all the raw oysters or clams you want...I mean...it's beyond belief...AND, to top it all off, a Haagen Dazs ice cream bar where you can make your own banana split made with a choice of ten different ice creams, real hot fudge, real hot butterscotch,strawberry, pineapple toppings, real whipped cream, all the little things you see at any upscale Boston ice cream joint...it's disgustingly decadent and worth the trip once a season. I'd name a designated driver because if you are traveling a distance to get there, you'll definitely be sleepy when you leave THIS banquet holocaust.

THat's my first recommendation...I'll follow up with my favorite neighborhood ethnic joints and my pick of the Newport scene.
  12. Amnorix

Amnorix Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Chinatown Cafe, in Boston, is an excellent restaurant. Their General Gau's chicken is the best.

National chains -- we tend to prefer Friday's, Joe's American Bar and Grill and Olive Garden.

Agree on Applebee's. I hate it.

Wild Willy's Burgers is pretty good, though somewhat expensive for "just a burger". Saw a snippet on TV about them, I guess they have six locations in New England.
  13. GoWhalers

GoWhalers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where's the Fuddrucker's love!?! :rocker:
  14. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Seconding Helmand, it's fantastic. Harvest (usually at the bar), Grotto, Johnny's, Deluxe Town Diner, Taqueria Mexico, Bluefin, Nori Sushi, Border Cafe, Kashish, Punjab. Helsinki Cafe when it was still in Great Barrington - awesome place. That's off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others I'm leaving out.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2010
  15. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

The Man speaks the truth - the Quality there is OUTSTANDING. But I went there back when it was $40 a person (2 hour eating limit - drinks not included) - it's now a whopping $82 and I'm just not sure I'm up for enough All You Can Eat lobster for that price (all you can eat Filet Mignon? That's a different matter - which they DO offer....)

But here's a great offer - Inn at Woodstock Hill, Woodstock CT - LobsterFest!

$55 includes Buffet with Lobster, Mussels, Mahi Mahi, BBQ Chicken, Roast Beef, New England Seafood Chowder and much much more along wit Dessert Bar, Open Bar (for Beer and Wine only but that works for me!) and includes tax (and maybe even tip) for four hours of dining - and the proceeds go to the local women's shelter.

Welcome to the Inn at Woodstock Hill

I went last year - worth the drive from wherever you are.
  16. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

Other RI haunts only the locals know about are The Ocean Mist on Matunck Beach - mainly for Breakfast - but all their food is great.

Nothing like a Sunday morning eating a Something on Bagel (Spinach Bagel with cream cheese, topped with eggs, veggies, and Holandaise sauce), looking out at Block Island with the waves crashing in while drinking Bloody Marys and playing pool.

Ocean Mist

Don't go there expecting too much ambiance beyond that - it is a bar after all and smells like one too... but the food makes up for it.

The grub during concerts - often some excellent Blues musicians - is pretty good too. (For a blast from the past, house band John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band - aka Eddie and the Cruisers play there often.

Also Crazy Burger in Narragansett has a surprisingly excellent cuisine...

http://www.crazyburger.com/

be it breakfast, lunch or especially dinner (Chicken Framboise... rasberry glazed chicken stuffed with gorgonzola on a bed of rice, corn and spinach - is especially delectable).

[​IMG]

The locals might not like word getting out about these places but they deserve the praise.
  17. Ian

Ratings:
    +188 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

Not BK or McDonalds, Sonic, Wendy's etc. Any one like Olive Garden, Chili's, Longhorn, Bugaboo, etc. would be the type I'm looking for if it's a national chain :)

Ian
  18. Ian

Ratings:
    +188 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

Good stuff so far. Keep it coming, and think of places that you visit at least a couple of times in a 2-3 month span that you really like. That's what I'm looking for :cool:
  19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +312 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Sounds hokey to people who live by oceans, I know....but I really like Red Lobster...and grandslam breakfasts at Denny's aren't bad, either.
  20. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +885 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

You know they have that 2, 4, 5, 6 Value Menu (or whatever they call it) now. Good stuff. I completely forgot about Red Lobster. Ale Houses are good too, Ian.