Welcome to PatsFans.com

Places to Hold Fantasy Football Drafts

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by drakesta101, Jul 20, 2009.

1. drakesta101

drakesta101 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This may not be the right forum for it, but it experiences a high amounf of traffic so:

Does anyone know of any bars local to central MA, or around Providence that wouldn't have problems with hosting fantasy football drafts? We would be buying drinks so business wouldn't be a problem; any suggestions of a place where the concept isn't foriegn, or better yet, welcome?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  2. goldenaleus

goldenaleus Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I run FF leagues and I go to establishments to scope them out. If I like a place then I ask for the manager and let them know what our intentions are and set up the date of the draft.

I did a couple of drafts in Jillian's in Manchester, NH and the manager was a FF player, too. We even got free appetizers out the deal. Also, patrons and the waitresses were peaked by curiosity as to what we were doing.

Great time and environment!

3. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +34 / 3 / -2

#80 Jersey

You could prolly do it at Dave and Busters in providence place.... or better yet... ANY hooters. Just call in adavance and speak with the manager.

4. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't think any sports-friendly bar would have a problem with it. Might want to let them know a large party is coming, but it's great business for them.

5. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +34 / 3 / -2

#80 Jersey

I bet you could even pay a couple of Hooters waitress' to go up to the board and announce picks.

Just have everyone throw in like $20 each. ;)

6. Vec

Vec Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Doc's in Milford is pretty good. They have a glassed in room in the back that you can reserve. We have had our draft there the last couple of years.

Unfortunately, we are targeting Aug 20 this year, and the room is already booked for that date (they have Texas Hold Em on Thursdays).

Anyone know another good spot for drafts in MA between Hopkinton and Franklin along 495?