Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Bengals | Sam signed
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 13:04:09 -0800

The Cincinnati Bengals have announced the team has signed free agent WR P.K. Sam (Patriots) to a two-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

sad to lose him, but i couldnt see how he could work out here.

a change of scenery will be good for him....

it was telling when he was cut prior to the season and didn't even get picked up by another team's practice squad

this is probably his last good chance to show what he can do... good luck to him!

Digger44 said:
sad to lose him, but i couldnt see how he could work out here.
I hate to give up on players too early. Sam is very young and could easily be a slow developer. I wish him well.

spacecrime said:
I hate to give up on players too early. Sam is very young and could easily be a slow developer. I wish him well.
Agree... I thought maybe just one more year... oh well.

There goes the f*cking season.

dryheat44 said:
There goes the f*cking season.
First we don't make the Super Bowl and now this devastating piece of news, the next thing you know Poole will be cut.......Argghhhhhh.

Well.......

JR4 said:
Bengals | Sam signed
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 13:04:09 -0800

The Cincinnati Bengals have announced the team has signed free agent WR P.K. Sam (Patriots) to a two-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Is D-wayne Starks still on the team I hope???......what else can go wrong now!!!!??

Seriously, I was a big proponent of Sam and was hoping he would get a few more looks here.....still have this sneaky suspicion that the kid will be a star someday....just wouldn't have thought that cincy would be interested in him with the depth they have at WR.....good luck PK

He probably would have gotten a real shot this year since Givens is probably gone.

Question - If Starks is still on the team, could he be allocated to NFL Europe?

The new and improved Bengals pick a "Bungle" type player... hmmm? Well, send him to one of those mind control labs....strip him of all memory of the former P.K.Sam and then make Belichick look bad...it could work in Bungle Land.

They need a back-up plan for when Chad Johnson finally pulls his TO-esque implosion. It's coming soon.

OhExaulted1 said:
They need a back-up plan for when Chad Johnson finally pulls his TO-esque implosion. It's coming soon.

Yeah and I'm sure Sam is the guy they have in mind to replace Johnson. They are about equal in talent. The scary thing is some of you sound like you may actually believe that.

All this brings to reality how short the Patriots are at WR. I mean starter material.

With David Givens gone we are looking at: Branch, Dwight, Johnson, Davis and who else worth mentioning?

patriotsrule said:
Yeah and I'm sure Sam is the guy they have in mind to replace Johnson. They are about equal in talent. The scary thing is some of you sound like you may actually believe that.

I'm not trying to suggest their of equal talent, just that Johnson has alot of TO like qualities in the lockeroom sense. He has unbeleivable talent, but his act will grow old fast.

As he himself has stated before "I'm an entertainer". Eventually the clown act wears on you. People like him go from mildly amusing to lockeroom cancer very quickly.

MrTibbs said:
With David Givens gone we are looking at: Branch, Dwight, Johnson, Davis and who else worth mentioning?

Troy Brown?

NEM said:
Me too. I think he will make it big.

Obviously our coaches didn't think so. It's not like our 2006 roster is expected (at this point) to be loaded at WR. Still, he was always an intriguing prospect.

Why is anyone upset at PK Sam signing with the Bengals. They didn't steal him away, the Patriots let him walk.

He supposedly has attitude problems and if was really that talented do you think the Patriots would have let him walk, especially when they really only have Deion Branch under contract at the WR position next year. I think that tells you all you need to know. At some point potential is gone and the reality sets in that a guy is what he is.

At best he has some talent but he was not a Patriot.

Know I'm just waiting for the "this is the year Klecko becomes a starter" threads to start up again. There is no way that overhyped guy makes the roster again this year. I can't imagine the tears that will be shed if he gets released and picked up by another team.

Last edited:
ummm

Scott37 said:
Question - If Starks is still on the team, could he be allocated to NFL Europe?

sh##....I was kidding.....Starks isn't really still on this team is he? Gawd I hope not.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes