PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PJ Axelsson signs with Swedish elite team

It's going to be really weird not seeing him in a Bruins jersey next year.

Sorry to see him go but he could be a benefit in disguise...he would have cost them in the cap and they can use the money that they may have had to spend on him on re-signing Phil Kessel and/or signing another free agent to bolster the lineup...

He would rather play in his home country than play for another NHL team- and considering the relationship with the team it should be a benefit for years to come with him over there maintaining ties to the team...scouting and being their ambassador will reap benefits in the future!

Last edited:
Well, they didn't even offer him a deal so it wasn't like they were contemplating bringing him back.

Well, they didn't even offer him a deal so it wasn't like they were contemplating bringing him back.

You don't know that...they could have had a deal that was waiting for him after they settled other issues first(Kessel, other free agents).

Last edited:
You don't know that...they could have had a deal that was waiting for him after they settled other issues first(Kessel, other free agents).

His agent said they didn't. Why would he lie about that?

His agent said they didn't. Why would he lie about that?

I know what his agent said...that doesn't mean that the team never had a contract waiting as a "us or nobody" cheap deal waiting in the wings if/when he went unsigned up to a certain point. And that also doesn't mean that they didn't have a contract offer that was to be used as bait for other teams to overspend on him. We don't know, just because his agent claimed they didn't offer doesn't mean they didn't have one.

I really disagree. I really don't picture the team low-balling a guy like P.J.

Before the season even ended it was almost a sure fire lock that he wasn't going to be back. This went the best way possible. He ends up in Sweden with a long deal instead of taking a 1 year short money contract for another NHL franchise.

It's going to be really weird not seeing him in a Bruins jersey next year.

Yes ... I agree ... but we got the best out of him so time to move on.

I haven't seen a more defensively sound forward since I started watching hockey (late 90's).

PJ was black hole on offense, but damn could he kill a penalty...Daniel Alfredsson is on record saying that PJ is the hardest forward he has to play against...

Will miss him for that

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back