Welcome to PatsFans.com

Piyush "Bobby" Jindal's Birth Certificate

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Oct 24, 2009.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +608 / 7 / -7

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

He converted to Catholicism, just like Newt so everything is A-OK....

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

If we can't see his god damn friggin bastard birth certificate deport him.

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

He absolutely should provide it, as should anyone who runs for POTUS. The idea that a candidate doesn't have to prove he was born here, when it's the law that he/she has to be, boggles the mind. If Jindal tosses his hat into the ring, he should provide a copy of his BC for all to see.

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

I'm just curious though, since you want to see Jindals, even though he's not running for president, does this mean you think Obama should do the same?

6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Yes Jindal should provide a Birth Certificate not just a certificate of birth.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

But in reality, with all our layers of security.. NSA, FBI, CIA and all the resources of Homeland Security with its billions of dollars of budget.. don't you think that the "inner circle" already knows all of this????

8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Doesn't matter anyone running for office should have to present the proper documentation. After all I have to provide my BC and far more just to renew my drivers license. What should a politican be treated different than an ordinary citizen looking to renew a drivers license, what makes them special? I don't beliee in preferential treatrment for politicans. Do you?

9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +608 / 7 / -7

Absolutely not. Obama is not an Anchor Baby. He was born to an American mother in Honolulu, and I have seen the birth announcement from the Honolulu paper, as well as the birth certificate online. It's a settled matter.

I've seen nothing about Piyush "Bobby" Jindal.

Now that we've dispense with the "I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I" reaction, your initial reaction that you DO want to see Piyush Jindal's birth certificate obviously displays a sense of consistency, so good for you. Having been among those expending wasted breath and effort digging that hole a year ago, you've at least reconciled yourself to general xenophobia regardless of party.

However, the other alternative is to say that Jindal seems not to give a crap about long form, short form, or other form of birth certificate, since it's an absurd demand.

From all indications he was born in Baton Rouge, and of course, my personal predilection to believe he was born in Uttar Pradesh is beside the point. The post is in fact just sh1t-stirring, to display how ludicrous the "birthers" are, and to illustrate that it is an outgrowth of know-nothing nativism more worthy of the early 20th century than the early 21st.

However, in the spirit of consistency, I do wonder why none of the right-wing crowd call him by his given name, Piyush, since they are so fastidious about including President Obama's otherwise neglected middle name.

Not that it did them any good. The Republican Party managed to lose, in modern-day America, to a black man with an Arabic-sounding middle name (both firsts.) The name was even the name of a foreign dictator we had recently gone to war with.

Still, why the selective xenophobia? At the very least our local fringies should be making a point of the fastidious naming conventions by which they discuss our president. Similarly, they should not really be discussing Jindal as a candidate until his birth certificate is displayed on the interwebs... which I take it he hasn't gotten around to. And whatever Jindal posts, they should be very very careful about the possibility it is a forgery, all evidence to the contrary notwithstanding.

Since McCain is pretty much a dead issue at this point, his birth in the country of Panama need not concern us, except in the context of right wing "birther" hypocrisy.

PFnV

10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Is there a requirement that he be a natural born citizen to be govenor of that state?

11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

If he runs for President then he should. Until then it's a non issue.

12. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Reasonable people with legal expertise investigated the circumstances of the President's birth and decided that he was born here in America. I'll predict that if Governor swishy chooses to run he'll face similar scrutiny.

I should also point out that Article 2 of our Constitution does not contain the words 'birth certificate' anywhere. I'll go out on a limb and guess that such a thing did not exist in the USA in 1787. Proof is what dispassionate legal scholars define it to be after careful study of the actual requirement in the document. The absence of a birth certificate that may very well have been lost before the President spoke his first words is not relevant.

13. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

No, but he does have presidential aspirations. Besides, how do we know that Jindal is even a citizen? In fact, how do we know that any of our leaders are citizens? We should demand that every public servant post their birth certificate online and make originals available to their opponents for vetting. But, meanwhile, we don't even know what's meant by "natural born citizen," as it's never been defined. Are testtube babies natural born?

14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is a good point. There were those arguing that McCain didn't fit the definition of "Natural Born Citizen" since he was born overseas on a military base. It just isn't a properly defined term.

15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Soubnds good to me after all I have to present extensive documentation to renew a simple drivers license, so why shouldn't a presidental candidate be required to do the same.

Why treat politicans as privilidged elites who don't have to follow the same rules as the rest of us.

Good suppestion Patters.

16. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Maybe you should move to another state?

I renewed mine with a form that took 2 minutes to fill out, I believe $35, and my face for ID.

17. Patters

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

Good, perhaps you can write a letter to your party urging that all politicians be required to post their birth certificates and make the originals available for public viewing. When you get that done, let me know.

18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

wHY DISCRIMINATE BASED ON PARTY CALL YOUR REP AND GET IT INTO LAW, IT IS YOUR IDEA AFTER ALL.

19. Patters

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

Oh, I don't think it's an important issue, but I know that many conservatives do. As long as they think it's so important, rather than come off as racist or politically manipulative, they should do as I proposed, which seems fairer and more balanced. But, I'm glad I was able to give helpful advice to right wingers. Perhaps you can return the favor if you have any good ideas on how to win single payer health care. Thanks in advance. ;)

20. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,142 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Now your getting the idea ... nip it in the bud now.