Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pix of kids wearing t-shirts on the God Hates Fags Website...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Aug 3, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

came across these pix this AM, pretty sick, one thing I could never understand is how this organization is allowed to exist blatantly, someone has to fund them as they travel all over the US and no one has ever prosecuted them as some type of organized hate group. The Southern Poverty Leadership Center was effective in suing the Nazi orgs. in Idaho, but there seems to be a lot of verbage, but little legal action against this group and its leader Fred Phelps. Feel bad for the kids to be used this way.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/photos/2006/20060716_shirts.html
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

God hates fags - it's true. God also hates everyone else in the world, especially those in the middle east and Africa, not to mention children born with birth defects and those who get hit by cars and wide receivers who drop the ball in the endzone. Fags are no different from anyone else.
  3. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

no you forgot, God loves babies with birth defects because he hates abortion. Or do you mean after they grow up?
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The whole group is one guy (Fred Phelps) and his extended family, they get way more attention than they deserve.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +660 / 2 / -9

Whista is right, God HATES the world, just look around, if there really is a guy named "God" he must be related to Count Dracula.
  6. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Fred Phelps stands proudly next to Cindy Sheehan, Patters, mikey & NEM all opposed to the mission in Iraq.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And he stands with George W. Bush, you and the rest of the GOP on how he feels about gays. What's your point? If he likes ice cream does that mean I shouldn't?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2005
  8. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I assure you that not all of us Christians are like that. The Bible preaches acceptance, and love for all, obviously these morons decided to skip that part. Although I am against homosexuality, I would never ever take it to the level they have taken it to, and I'm sure most Christians would agree. I apologize for them, and I hope they learn that what they're doing is wrong.
  9. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I think everyone, even atheists, would agree that one of the first lessons of being a christian is not to hate. Then you see a supposedly christian group whose slogan starts with "God hates". Anyone with a lick of sense knows these type of groups are wrong and quite disturbed. What I don't see are the Pat Robertsons's and Jerry Farewell's attacking these morons. Evidently, they approve, either there with us or their against us.
  10. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Sure and when did you hear anyone that you mentioned say they "hate" gays?
  11. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Your sentence makes so little gramatical sense that I actually don't know what you're asking me.
  12. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pujo, out of those names you mentioned, when did you hear any of them say they "hate" gays?

Better?
  13. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Didn't you hear???

God is a Republican.

According to George Bush, it was God who told him to invade Iraq.

To kill those baby muslims.

14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Actions speak louder than words, Bush pushing a constitutional amendment that would not only ban gay marriage but also even civil unions (which would prevent two people from entering into a personal contract to share property) is enough for me.
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +660 / 2 / -9

They all do that, Jimmy Sissy Carter talkeed to God and Jesus all through his presidencey, Hillary went up on the roof of the White House and talked to Eleanor Roosevelt, Billy Blue Dress had "Phone Sex".

Jimmy Sissy Carter saw a Flying Saucer, his mother said he used to sit out in the Carter Peanut Field for hours talking to someone or something :singing:

Al Gore looks in the mirror and says "Hello Mr President" :rocker:
  16. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And I agree with him, does that mean I hate gays? No. I have quite a few gay friends. Bush is simply trying to install morales into today's society, but this raises the question of is homosexuality destroying marriage etc., and I don't feel like getting into that. :bricks:

Again, it's all how you look at the subject, but if you are a Christian, there is only one way to view this.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  17. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yes, I would 100% say that if you oppose civil unions (I understand, though disagree with, everyone's hesitation of letting it be called "marriage") you hate gays (or at least hate the concept of them being equals). It's like people who opposed civil rights but claimed "I don't hate blacks, I just don't think they should be allowed to vote".
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You must be talking about Jesus' second of the two great commandments of his teachings, "Do unto others as you have them do unto you."
  19. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yep, exactly, they don't buy that reasoning...Just like they didn't equate segragration and desgragration as an imorral issue, to them it was a safety issue for their white kids. How dare the gov't force intergration of public schools...History is a funny thing.
  20. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But you're assuming that marrying a person of the same sex is a right, and I disagree with that, once again it's all a matter of personal beliefs, you compare it to the civil rights struggle, and I think it is nothing like that. Black have the right to be equal, but homosexuals do not have the right to be married. But I base my beliefs on the Bible, so your opinions don't mean a whole lot to me, and vice versa, I'm sure. But once again, I don't hate them, and I do have homosexual friends. The Bible preaches love, and I try my best to love all.