PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Seems Familiarly Vulnerable

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I really think Seattle has a real good shot of coming out of the game with a WIN. The worst thing that could have happened to Pittsburgh was to be a favorite. I mean watching all the coverage this week reminds me of Pitt's attitude prior to getting beat by us in 2001 and last year. Porter running off at the mouth, other players laughing it off, and the General media going with the AFC and Pitt, saying they should be able to win the game. I think it's the kiss of death for Pitt. I think they have played the best I've seen them in the playoffs against Indy And Denver because they were underdogs. At Indy they were supposed to get it handed to them and for the most part Pittsburgh was playing the role saying all the right things the week leading up to the game. Now I just see a team and a demeanor that reminds me alot of the Pitt teams that lost to us in the AFC championship games in 01 and LY. I think Seattle beats Pitt because of this and the lack of respect Pitt and it appears there players have for Seattle.My prdiction.....Seattle 24-17...

I hope you are right! :)

I think it's anyone's game, and kudos to Pitt if they win. But you hit the nail on the head, "familiar territory" for Cowher and the Steelers: favorites, home-field advantage, and all the hype to boot. If they lose to the Seahawks, it's gonna sting badly.

I kept waiting for the Cowher magic to come back during the playoffs and catch him failing to adjust game plan within the game.

I think we will see that tonight; but if not they'll have deserved to win.

I just wish they had to go through foxboro instead of Denver; Since there is always that faith in our minds that Pats could of beat them.
(just too many mistakes [cough-ups] and too many incompetent officials for us to ever know for sure.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back