PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh is now the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

godef

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
OK, I'm writing this during the 3rd quartr of Colts/Bolts, but I don't see anything that indicates the Colts will come back.

So presuming they don't, Pittsburgh becomes first in line with a chance to take away the #1 seed from us for the play-offs. The Pats would have to lose at least three games to be outseeded by Indy. OTOH, should the Steelers win out (which would include beating the Pats), and the Pats get beat by one other team, they would both be 14-2, and the Steelers would be the #1 seed per head-to-head the tiebreaker.

So the Dec 9 game looms just a little bit bigger now.

I have no issue if Pitt is #1 and NE #2. An AFCCG in Pittsburgh is pretty much a sure thing for NE.

Indy actually has a homefield advantage. Pitt doesn't. As long as NE gets a bye and plays Indy at home it's all good.

Uh oh... did I jump the gun? :bricks:

Uh oh... did I jump the gun?

You forgot that the Chargers offense is terrible, Norv Turner is still the coach of the team and...did I mention Norv is still the coach?

Hmm... maybe we should all review the "Rivers is awful" thread before calling this one. :bricks:

OK, I'm writing this during the 3rd quartr of Colts/Bolts, but I don't see anything that indicates the Colts will come back.

So presuming they don't, Pittsburgh becomes first in line with a chance to take away the #1 seed from us for the play-offs. The Pats would have to lose at least three games to be outseeded by Indy. OTOH, should the Steelers win out (which would include beating the Pats), and the Pats get beat by one other team, they would both be 14-2, and the Steelers would be the #1 seed per head-to-head the tiebreaker.

Even if the Colts hadn't come back, I would have disagreed. Do you forget we had to come back to beat the Colts last week? THe Colts are always a threat...last year you would have said the same thing after the Colts were giving up 200 yards rushing on a weekly basis. And look what happened?

WIth that said, I think the Steelers are for real, too

Last edited:
double jinx, when will people learn?

You forgot that the Chargers offense is terrible, Norv Turner is still the coach of the team and...did I mention Norv is still the coach?

I loved it when the announcers mentioned that, due to Norv needlessly wasting both of his challenges, that he couldn't contest a game-changing play if he wanted to. What an idiot.

we can all blame godef when Indy gets the 2nd seed in the playoffs :D

OK. . . . how much did Keegs pay you to post this? :enranged:

Even if the Colts hadn't come back, I would have disagreed. Do you forget we had to come back to beat the Colts last week? THe Colts are always a threat...
Regardless, if the Colts do lose, the Pats would have had to lose 3 of their final 7 games for the Colts to catch up. My point was not the liklihood of Pittsburgh beating us on Dec 9, just stating that they would now have the better opportunity to overtake the Pats for the #1 seed. Certainly a miraculous finish for the Steelers, but less miraculous than the Colts overtaking the Pats.

Yup, I am feeling a bit red-faced at jumping the gun. Can't take credit for jinxing Adam, can I?

Admittedly, I was half way through writing the post when the thought occurred to me that the game wasn't nearly over yet, and that these are the Colts after all (gotta give credit where it's due). I shoulda delayed, but instead rewrote the post to say "If...". For shame.

Guilty as charged. But all's well that ends well. :D

Umm did you see the Steelers play the Browns? They won by a field goal and Cleveland moved the ball at will on them in the first half. The Browns offense is pretty good but not nearly as cyborg like as the Patriots offense. The Browns scored easily in the first half but lost their rhythm and composure in the second half.

I see the Pats scoring 42 on the Steelers D we saw fairly easily, especially since the game will be at Foxboro.

There is no serious competition for #1 seed in the AFC this year. "More serious" than the Colts could be true, but that's just the difference between "no ****ing shot in any universe" and "in some bizarro world, maybe."

The Patriots won't lose to the Steelers in Foxboro. No way. And don't give me some "any given Sunday" stuff. This Sunday in Buffalo is an "any given Sunday" game, where the Pats could lay an egg and lose in a huge upset (doubt it, but it's possible). But not at home against the Steelers. The Patriots won't lose at home this year. No way.

I really think the Patriots either lose this weekend or go 16-0. The only other loss possible is the last week of the season, and if they're going for 16-0, they're gonna kill the Giants. And I don't think they're gonna lose this weekend.

I have no issue if Pitt is #1 and NE #2. An AFCCG in Pittsburgh is pretty much a sure thing for NE.

I do. The NE fans don't get to see the game live. The Pats lose the revenue. And The Razor is a home field advantage. Plus, the players get more practice and rest time by not having to travel. Lots of reasons to take issue with giving up the home field game to the Steelers.

Umm did you see the Steelers play the Browns? They won by a field goal and Cleveland moved the ball at will on them in the first half. The Browns offense is pretty good but not nearly as cyborg like as the Patriots offense. The Browns scored easily in the first half but lost their rhythm and composure in the second half.

I see the Pats scoring 42 on the Steelers D we saw fairly easily, especially since the game will be at Foxboro.
No argument here. I'm merely comparing Pitt and Indy's chances to overtake us, and Pitt is now clearly in a better position.

No argument here. I'm merely comparing Pitt and Indy's chances to overtake us, and Pitt is now clearly in a better position.

Pitt gets to take their crack at the Pats-therefore Only a win in that game slides them in front of the Colts, unless of course, the colts dont get off the mat and start winning again.

Colts also have a tough in division schedule with a beat up roster. It would be fun to see them lose a few more....

I didn't get to watch the game, but 163 yards of total offense against the Steelers for the entire game certainly doesn't seem like 'at will'.
Unless they put up 200+ in the 1st half, then - yardage in the second. :confused:

I didn't get to watch the game, but 163 yards of total offense against the Steelers for the entire game certainly doesn't seem like 'at will'.
Unless they put up 200+ in the 1st half, then - yardage in the second. :confused:

That's pretty close to what happened. The Browns offense forgot there were 2 halfs to a game. For some reason in the second half, Anderson had happy feet in the pocket, even when he had plenty of protection. His passes were hitting the recievers on the toes, it was like he was so shaken that they were actually beating the Stealers that he lost his composure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes