PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh at Denver - Which team winning would be better for New England?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Pittsburgh is in the top 5 ranked best NFL teams thus far

Denver is the biggest problem when it comes to playing a team that usually has success against NE

If Pittsburgh beats Denver that means 2 losses at home for Denver and I would say it would make it very tough for Denver to make a run at the playoffs with all the talented teams above them and that would nearly eliminate any chance to meet them barring a great second half of the season should they get hot.

If Pittsburgh wins, it keeps them in good order for a chance at a high playoff spot possibly staying close in contention for 1 of the 2 playoff bye seeds with a very good second half showing

Its just week 7 but I think you will know in the very obvious AFC,who is going to stay around and who is going to fade as every week goes by from now on more so than the other conference,so this game is a big game more for Denver to stay alive with any hopes of the division title than for Pittsburgh who can lose and still control that weak division with Baltimore the only team worthy of challenging by the latter part of the season

The AFC West will likely have only ONE playoff team and SD already has the edge.

So who do you want to win this one?

I'm not sure, that's a tough one. But to be honest, it's a win-win situation for me. I can't stand either one at about the same level. Same was when Indy played Denver earlier this year. Too bad the Colts don't play Pittsburgh this year. That would have been nice.

Since Denver is probably not coming close to making the playoffs, it's likely better for them to win. But Pitt's going to kill them so it's kind of a moot issue.

Denver has had our number over the years. But that's in the past, new season, new opportunities. That said, I'd rather see Pittsburgh lose. it'll take some steam out of them at the least.

Denver usually has success against us because of their defense and running game. This year their defense is a complete joke and our passing game makes their running game a moot point. After that Chargers game, they don't scare me in the least bit, the same way that Miami doesn't scare me despite their usual success. I don't think Denver will be in the playoffs no matter what. I'm also getting sick of Steelers fans trying to anoint this years team as "one of the elite" and talking about how our game against them is bigger than the Colts game. Plus, you know HFA and all that stuff. I definitely hope the Broncos wi in a decisive upset, but they won't.

I'm with Patsox.

It's better for Pittsburgh to lose, proving that they're not that good. (In actual point of fact, the NFL cannot score points when they play the Steelers!)

Denver is dead and all-but-mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, so let's not worry if they win a game.

The closer they are to us for the #1 seed the more we want them to lose.

We're all thinking it, and it could still be wrong, but the Broncos have looked absolutely god awful so far this season to the point where I could easily see them finish with 6 wins or less. With the way they've been playing we would beat them by 20 on a bad day. Not afraid of them in the slightest.

Root for Denver to win because I'd rather see them than San Diego as the 4 seed in the playoffs. The Pats should be the 1 seed.

I'm with Patsox.

It's better for Pittsburgh to lose, proving that they're not that good. (In actual point of fact, the NFL cannot score points when they play the Steelers!)

Denver is dead and all-but-mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, so let's not worry if they win a game.

All-but-mathematically eliminated? Getting a bit ahead of ourselves, aren't we?

In a game where you instinctively wish there were some way both teams could lose, the nod here is for a Denver win, but as PatSox23 so ably points out, the issue is moot, because the Donks won't win.

Because the can't.

Simply not good enough.

Don't worry - Pitt will lose a couple of more games down the road. This, however, won't be one of them.

Denver has had our number over the years. But that's in the past, new season, new opportunities. That said, I'd rather see Pittsburgh lose. it'll take some steam out of them at the least.

I agree, Denver isn't going anywhere this year and deflating the Steelers ego is good for us

In such a case with two threats the thoughtfull Pats fan roots for the improbable but possible, a tie. That way we pick up that huge extra half game difference maker with both teams. Neither team adds a W to their total.

We definitely want Denver to win this one, much as I hate rooting for those guys.

Most likely, though, they're going to get killed.

Any outcome that balances out the standings is fine by me.....so Denver is my pick.

Denver=No Threat
Pittsburgh=Dark Horse

As mnany have said...Denver...I want to have a solid race in the west...as of now...KC is tied with Sd...and they are no real power...Denver is sinking...so denver..is the pick!!

I agree, Denver isn't going anywhere this year and deflating the Steelers ego is good for us

Deflating the STEELERS ego?! LMAO! :rofl: What gives you the idea that the Steelers have an ego? Just curious.

As Pats fans, you should all hope that Pittsburgh loses. I think it's highly unlikely, but in the NFL today, ya just never know. Who knows, maybe Miami upsets the Pats this week?! Again...highly doubtful, but stranger things have happened.

I agree with what others have said concerning Pittsburgh losing a few more games this season. I certainly don't expect them to go 15-1. But they don't need to. I honestly don't have high expectations that the Pats will go undefeated either, although I would be happy for them and their great accomplishment if they did.

Just for the record, most NFL power rankings have the Steelers ranked 3rd, just below NE and Indy of course, and rightfully so. Do you all STILL think the Steelers aren't a concern this year?!

I'm sooooo stoked about the Pittsburgh/Pats game! I think these two teams match up great and it should be a terrific game (barring any injuries etc. between now and then)!

Good luck against the Fins this week!

Denver. We play Pittsburgh, so it would be better for us if they have more losses, in case (gasp) we lose the head-to-head tie breaker.

We already beat SD, and they have several more losses than us at this point, so I would prefer Denver to win over Pitt (but I don't think it's going to happen).

Denver=No Threat
Pittsburgh=Dark Horse

Bingo- we have a winner here!

Denver.

Here's a strange, yet possible scenario:

- Pats give Indy their only loss of the year.
- Pats play a physical MNF Ravens game, then suffer from the short week and lose a nailbiter to Pittsburgh.* Ends up the only loss of the year for NE.
- Pittsburgh runs the table from here on out.

So we'd end up with three 15-1 teams. Since all three did not play against each other, the first tiebreaker is conference record. With NFC Arizona being Pittsburgh's only loss, guess who gets HFA?

Regards,
Chris

* Humor me for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey