PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pitt vs Seahawks for XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Well it'll be Steelers against the Seahawks for the SB! Should be a good matchup. I'm rooting for the ol BC quarterback!!! :cool:

Despite our rivalry over the past 10 or so years, I actually want to see Pittsburgh win. Sometimes I hate them, but I like watching them play when I'm an impartial observer, and I think they deserve some respect for what they've done over the past 5 years. When all is said and done, Pittsburgh, not Indy or Philly, has probably been the 2nd best team of the Patriots era.

PatsChick87 said:
I'm rooting for the ol BC quarterback!!! :cool:
You mean the ol Patriots ballboy?

stinkypete said:
Despite our rivalry over the past 10 or so years, I actually want to see Pittsburgh win. Sometimes I hate them, but I like watching them play when I'm an impartial observer, and I think they deserve some respect for what they've done over the past 5 years. When all is said and done, Pittsburgh, not Indy or Philly, has probably been the 2nd best team of the Patriots era.

I know where you're coming from and I can't completely disagree, but for me it comes down to just not liking Roethlisberger and every Pitts fan. While on the other hand I despise Paul Allen. But, you can hardly hold an owner against them. Throw in the MA connection with Hasselback and Tatupu and I'm definitely rooting for Seattle. I can't get into rooting for a conference. There's only one team I care about in the AFC and as you know they're not in the Super Bowl this year. One thing I will enjoy if Pitts does pull it out is that I'll be glad for Bettis. I imagine win or lose he'll retire this year. And what a better way to go out but on top and in his home town.

Never thought I'd consider rooting for Seattle but I gotta love underdogs who are there for the first time. They earned the shot and so did the Steelers but if the Seahawks win it their fans will be a lot less obnoxious then the Steeler fans.

First time winner's fans are just appreciative of the fact their team has actually done it, they're usually stunned and still unbelieving until they see their first banner go up at the initial home game of the next season. I'd rather root for a team's first banner then a teams fifth banner (unless it happened to be ours).

:rolleyes:

edzo44 said:
First time winner's fans are just appreciative of the fact their team has actually done it, they're usually stunned and still unbelieving until they see their first banner go up at the initial home game of the next season.

Hard to believe it wasn't that long ago that we were those "first time winner's fans." :)

Michael said:
Hard to believe it wasn't that long ago that we were those "first time winner's fans." :)

Amen, brother!! And it made us hungrier for more.

And then the Pats fed us two more times!

:singing:

The more I have considered things, I'm going to have a hard time rooting against the Seahawks. Grant Wistrom, one of the greatest Huskers of all time plays for them. I really have no ties to the Steelers though.

This SB could be a real Yawner....I'd like to see either one but no way are the Steelers going to be able to handle Seattle. Steelers are playing well but Seattle is playing at a whole different level. Without a healthy Dillon I doubt we could beat them either.

F.B.N. said:
This SB could be a real Yawner....I'd like to see either one but no way are the Steelers going to be able to handle Seattle. Steelers are playing well but Seattle is playing at a whole different level. Without a healthy Dillon I doubt we could beat them either.

One thing is the Seahawks are playing NFC teams. Other than the Seahawks, there is nobody in the NFC. The Panthers were working with a 3rd. string RB today. I think the Steelers probably have a better shot at winning than the Seahawks. I have yet to decide who to root for though. I'll probably make this decision 1 quarter and 6 beers into the game. :D

I'd like to see the Bus get a ring, but I just can't root for the Steelers; Go Seahawks. I hope it's a good game.

Normally I always root for the AFC, but I don't want Big Ben to be the "youngest QB to win a Super Bowl".

Go Seahawks!

Michael said:
I know where you're coming from and I can't completely disagree, but for me it comes down to just not liking Roethlisberger and every Pitts fan. While on the other hand I despise Paul Allen.

Errrrr...why? I can't figure out why anyone would hate Paul Allen - I'm genuinely curious.

If you are waffiling on weather to stick for Pittsburgh, here is a idea, put in 3 games to glory 1 and 3 , watch the AFC title game then tell me why would anyone stick for pittsburgh...

I don't give a crap either way. The Patriots aren't in it so I don't have a team I really want to win. And neither team is one of my hated teams. So . . . whatever . . . I'll watch, that's about it.

The Stones will put on a good show at least..

rooting for the seahawks, any pats fans who roots for the squeelers is a traitor. :)

Normally I would root for the AFC team. However, with Lofa and Hasselback playing for Seattle, I will be rooting for the Seahawks.

I must say this is the first Steelers team I like a little. I love watching Polamalu play.

Patti37 said:
Normally I would root for the AFC team. However, with Lofa and Hasselback playing for Seattle, I will be rooting for the Seahawks.

I must say this is the first Steelers team I like a little. I love watching Polamalu play.

Steelers were always a team I liked from the Steel Curtain days....but I love this Seattle team and Alexander is a treat to watch. Hasselback is also fun to watch....a real tough kid....so today I'm also leaning towards go Seattle. As a side note....if the Steelers win we have to hear dynasty beginning crap from the idiot Steeler fans...I'm in no mood to hear that kind of crap...Go Hawks..

If I had a choice of winning it for Bettis or winning it for Zorn...Zorn deserves it....even if his career is over. In his day he was their Plunkett...took a beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back