PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pitt / N.E. match-up: 8,000-10,000 Steeler Fans Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their fans ARE pretty annoying, but you gotta respect the hell out of how consistent they've stayed competitive. Their formula remains largely unchanged since the 70's, especially on D.

I do respect that fact, and you've got to give them credit for continuing to play hard-nosed defensive football.

However, that's about all I can give them.

They hate us, we hate them...it's that simple. Their QB is the league's biggest douche. Their safety Polamalu disrespectfully kicked Brady in the head after he proceeded to twist his neck in the Nov. game of the 2010 season when TFB scored on the QB sneak. That is tasteless to say the least. Their LB Harrison is a total meathead too..their fans whine and complain about the 2001 and 2004 AFCCG to this day.

Their fans ARE pretty annoying, but you gotta respect the hell out of how consistent they've stayed competitive. Their formula remains largely unchanged since the 70's, especially on D.
I don't respect them. They whine and cry about Spy"hate" and never mention the fact that half their team was on steroids during their '70 glory years. The ultimate cheaters.

Awww....you guys are sweet! I really feel the love! ;)

Hopefully we can avoid getting "Tebowed" tomorrow. We're definitely limping into the playoffs right now. I think we're fine with Redman, as long as he can hang onto the ball. No Clark this week due to his anemia condition, but luckily Denver isn't known for it's aerial attack. We could use Pouncey back on the line and a less-gimpy Ben, but it is what it is. No excuses here. Good teams overcome adversity. We'll see just how good of a team we are.

Rest assured, if we come out of Denver with a W, the Terrible Towels will be swingin' in the Razor. Steelers fans travel better than any fanbase in the league. Best of luck to your Pats.

I really thought the Bengals would win that game today. I would have loved another shot at the Ratbirds. But I'll take a road game against the Pats. To be the best, you gotta beat the best! HERE WE GO! :rocker:

Best of luck to your Pats.

I think a lot of season ticket holders did not buy playoff tickets. we have 4 total tickets under 2 accounts and were able to buy two more tickets per account. The extra tixs were all in the 200 section. for those keeping track thats 8 total tickets :rocker:

there are a lot...i mean a lot of tickets on stub hub ect...they will be everywhere if we play them...F that..buy all the tickets people!

There are approx 3,400 tix on stub hub....normal. For ex, for the game in Green Bay next week there are approx 3,800 tix avail. On ticket exchange the game at Lambeau has 4,562 tix avail and NONE are available for Gillette.

Last edited:
Pats fans also travel well....we don't have yellow towels to draw attention to ourselves but I've been too many road games, especially playoff games and we do indeed travel well. We did vs the Steelers in Pittsburgh as well.

Hope they like the Broncos! :D

Are they still going to show up?

Wow. Tebowmania résurrection.

Awww....you guys are sweet! I really feel the love! ;)

Hopefully we can avoid getting "Tebowed" tomorrow. We're definitely limping into the playoffs right now. I think we're fine with Redman, as long as he can hang onto the ball. No Clark this week due to his anemia condition, but luckily Denver isn't known for it's aerial attack. We could use Pouncey back on the line and a less-gimpy Ben, but it is what it is. No excuses here. Good teams overcome adversity. We'll see just how good of a team we are.

Rest assured, if we come out of Denver with a W, the Terrible Towels will be swingin' in the Razor. Steelers fans travel better than any fanbase in the league. Best of luck to your Pats.

I really thought the Bengals would win that game today. I would have loved another shot at the Ratbirds. But I'll take a road game against the Pats. To be the best, you gotta beat the best! HERE WE GO! :rocker:

Best of luck to your Pats.

Have a nice off-season. In Pittsburgh.

Once again, the poor Steelers and their fans have to cancel their reservations.

No excuses here. The Steelers simply **** the bed tonight. They were looking past the Broncos and on to the Pats and it came back to bite them in the ass. Pathetic display all around, especially by our "#1 pass defense". Unfortunately (but not unusually) Lebeau didn't make adjustments. Ike Taylor was getting burnt all night, but they have Polamalu up at the LOS instead of keeping him in the middle to help in pass coverage. No pass rush, with Tebow having all day to find an open man, too many drops by our young receiving corp, Ben not able to escape pressure the way he normally can, typical bad play-calling by Ariens (most Steelers fans hate him), the list goes on and on. Inexcusable really, and probably one of the most embarrassing losses I've experienced as a Steelers fan.

I was concerned that this was going to happen. Steelers fans, players, and the media were way too confident coming into tonight. NO TEAM is a an "easy" matchup in the playoffs, and unfortunately the Steelers have a tendency to find themselves overconfident in these "trap games". Between all of that and the multitude of injuries, this game had disaster written all over it. It is what it is. I predicted we'd be lucky to make the playoffs this season before the season began, so I guess I should be pleased. Still, a tough pill to swallow for sure. I would have much rather lost to your Pats....which by the way we performed tonight, you guys would have destroyed us.

Now, your Pats SHOULD blow the doors off these guys next week. If not, well....then maybe Tebow really IS the second coming.

Good luck. I'll be wallowing in misery for the rest of the playoffs if you need me.

NO TEAM is a an "easy" matchup in the playoffs

After watching the Atlanta Falcons earlier I have to disagree with this.

Also Ike Taylor will need physiatric help as he continues to see Demaryius Thomas in his nightmares for the next 6 months. "No, Mr Thomas, don't burn me again please....

After watching the Atlanta Falcons earlier I have to disagree with this.

Also Ike Taylor will need physiatric help as he continues to see Demaryius Thomas in his nightmares for the next 6 months. "No, Mr Thomas, don't burn me again please....

That Atlanta game was just weird. Again, a meltdown of epic proportions.

Ike has been over-hyped this season. He's never been GREAT in my opinion. Funny thing is, I don't even blame him really. It's the defensive coordinator and HC's responsibility to recognize the mismatch and make adjustments to correct it. Troy should not have been lurking at the LOS all night. The secondary needed safety help, and his presence up front wasn't effective anyway, since we couldn't generate a pass rush against their good O-line. The whole thing was just a disaster. We were outplayed and outcoached. On to next season.....hopefully with some much needed changes.

Last edited:
No excuses here. The Steelers simply **** the bed tonight. They were looking past the Broncos and on to the Pats and it came back to bite them in the ass. Pathetic display all around, especially by our "#1 pass defense". Unfortunately (but not unusually) Lebeau didn't make adjustments. Ike Taylor was getting burnt all night, but they have Polamalu up at the LOS instead of keeping him in the middle to help in pass coverage. No pass rush, with Tebow having all day to find an open man, too many drops by our young receiving corp, Ben not able to escape pressure the way he normally can, typical bad play-calling by Ariens (most Steelers fans hate him), the list goes on and on. Inexcusable really, and probably one of the most embarrassing losses I've experienced as a Steelers fan.

I was concerned that this was going to happen. Steelers fans, players, and the media were way too confident coming into tonight. NO TEAM is a an "easy" matchup in the playoffs, and unfortunately the Steelers have a tendency to find themselves overconfident in these "trap games". Between all of that and the multitude of injuries, this game had disaster written all over it. It is what it is. I predicted we'd be lucky to make the playoffs this season before the season began, so I guess I should be pleased. Still, a tough pill to swallow for sure. I would have much rather lost to your Pats....which by the way we performed tonight, you guys would have destroyed us.

Now, your Pats SHOULD blow the doors off these guys next week. If not, well....then maybe Tebow really IS the second coming.

Good luck. I'll be wallowing in misery for the rest of the playoffs if you need me.

Great post, triggerfish. If more Steeler fans were like you the world would be a better place. Sorry your team had to lose, especially like that.

That Atlanta game was just weird. Again, a meltdown of epic proportions.

Ike has been over-hyped this season. He's never been GREAT in my opinion. Funny thing is, I don't even blame him really. It's the defensive coordinator and HC's responsibility to recognize the mismatch and make adjustments to correct it. Troy should not have been lurking at the LOS all night. The secondary needed safety help, and his presence up front wasn't effective anyway, since we couldn't generate a pass rush against their good O-line. The whole thing was just a disaster. We were outplayed and outcoached. On to next season.....hopefully with some much needed changes.

Thanks for joining us, good sir. Very gracious and classy, considering the circumstances. :)

What kind of changes do you think the Steelers will make in the off-season?

Great post, triggerfish. If more Steeler fans were like you the world would be a better place. Sorry your team had to lose, especially like that.

Thanks for the condolences. It's going to be a rough offseason.

Strangely enough, I would actually prefer to vent here, as the Steelers boards will be full of homers pointing fingers in all the wrong directions and doing their best "Chicken Little" routine, and "visitors" (aka fans of other teams, most of who rarely even make the playoffs) who flood the sites to kick us while we're down.

Always enjoyed the football talk here and the usually "friendly" bantor between myself and you Patsies. For some reason, I keep coming back, so I guess you guys are doing SOMETHING right here. ;-)

Yeah, someone needs to change the thread to "DEN / N.E. match-up: 8,000-10,000 Steeler Fans Here?"

"DEN / N.E. match-up: 800-1,000 Broncos Fans Here?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye