PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pioli talks about Bill Belichick & "The Patriot Way"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a Chief now. I watched the press conference; I heard blah, blah, blah, blah, blah from one of the "other 31" with a few Patriot references in there.

Bitter much?

Of course none of you will believe me but I have witnesses where I work...
I'll never ever forget this moment. Its true no matter what any of you think or are simply just envious of....

I work in Las Vegas. Got 2 jobs: 1 at a fine dining place named after Charlie Trotter at the Palazzo. The other at the Melting Pot in Henderson.
I waited on scott Pioli at the Melting Pot. I'll admit I did not recognise him at all at first. He was with 2 other people and they were talking about fooball a few weeks after the Colts had beat us and won the Super Bowl.
Now I heard them talking football and just interjected. I mentioned passionatley that we were smarter than the Colts and if Brady had the kind of WR's that Manning had we would be unbeatable. I also said Brady was getting older and the time was now. Meaning that his prime is now and he would surely slowly decline from here. True or not I said it and it is pretty logical to think so. Anyway he listened very well and did not interject. At the end I handed him his bill and he paid with his credit card. It said Scott Pioli and I almost ****. I felt so stupid. Who was I to give him advice? But a few months later we got Welker and Moss. Just sayin. This is a true story. Perhaps its a coicidence. Maybe not. Its still very cool to have in youe memories....

He's just about the same age Madden was when he became a head coach.

Did you see what Irae did just there? Watch this, watch this... BOOM. He proved that age won't necessarily be a hindrance for Josh. I tell you what, for my money there's no beter poster than Irae today and maybe ever, except for BOOM Brett Favre maybe.

Look at the way he got away from that big ole lineman. He's like a kid out there, just havin' fun ...

Did you see what Irae did just there? Watch this, watch this... BOOM. He proved that age won't necessarily be a hindrance for Josh. I tell you what, for my money there's no beter poster than Irae today and maybe ever, except for BOOM Brett Favre maybe.

This looks like it's going to be one of those threads where whoever puts up the most points wins.... :D

Bitter much?
Not bitter but you're either with us or against us and Pioli is now against us. It's as simple as that to me.

Who are we talking about, McDaniels here? Madden was/is a big guy with a big persona, who could really take control of a team, especially the bunch of loonies they had in Oakland in his time. Josh seems like a quiet little guy, well, aw, we'll see. Hard to predict who will be a successful coach and who won't. Pioli, I think, is easier to predict: he will make a difference, maybe a big one.

Well if this were 1969, Josh may be in good shape. Sadly, the game is far more complex now than it was when Madden became a coach. I don't think a 32 year old Madden can come in right now and have the success he did back then.

There must have been more disagreements than agreements for him to leave otherwise why the big issue of who has final say in the decision making process? Can't imagine that money would have been an issue.
The press conference is available as streaming video on the KC Star's web site: Pioli mentioned personal and professional factors in making the decision to move on.

1. KC and the Hunt family were considered a terrific opportunity for Scott by the Krafts. Basically, out of all the GM opportunities he's been exposed to over the past few years, KC was the best opportunity to work in a owner/GM relationship that was similar to NE's.

2. His daughter is 5. If he was going to make a move, this a great time to do so from a family stability perspective. Short of ownership, Pioli has reached the top for a personnel man in the NFL. The KC job came along at a good time for him and his family, especially if he's successful and can settle in for a long term gig.

3. Dallas Parcells Pioli has family in the KC and Wichita area from her mother's side. Scott gets as close to a 'Kraft-like' ownership as he can, and Dallas gets a family network to enjoy with her daughter. I've bounced around the country in the service and in college and I agree with Piloi that Kansas is a good place to raise a family - I'd take it over Seattle or Cleveland or NY or Dallas, etc. If you're going to leave Foxborough and environs for a new job, KC is a good choice.

I loved what Scott said about his friends in NE and how he had no intention of hurting them in response to a question about bringing in any other NE personnel to build his staff. He made it clear he wished NE well and the only time to do otherwise was when they played KC. Good luck Scott and KC, time to put out some healthy branches on the Belichick tree.

Well if this were 1969, Josh may be in good shape. Sadly, the game is far more complex now than it was when Madden became a coach. I don't think a 32 year old Madden can come in right now and have the success he did back then.

Actually the elder one is.

But it comes down to this: if the Pats don't win the Super Bowl, the terrorists have won.

Actually the elder one is.

But it comes down to this: if the Pats don't win the Super Bowl, the terrorists have won.

Basically. Or it's just a big scheme by the Russians. Either way, I hope Pioli does well for himself out there in Kansas City. I'm thankful for the hard work he put in. That said, hopefully Caserio makes him look like a turd in comparison. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back