PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pioli on Comp Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I used to figure these out on my own, but I'll just quote Pioli from the Reiss interview:

We now have six picks and sometime between now and the draft, they’ll be announcing compensatory picks. We anticipate for all the free agents we lost last year that we have another four picks coming to us, compensatory picks. We’re looking at, on draft day, at this point having 10 picks. Four of those picks, compensatory picks, will be picks we get that can not be traded. … We’re projecting those will be anywhere between a fourth [rounder] and sixth [rounder], because they have a very complicated formula that seems to be changing every year in the league office that is based on a number of different factors that include the amount of money that the contract is signed for by the player when they leave through unrestricted free agency, but there is also a component of play-time during the season that is factored in there. We know we’re going to have a seventh and we’re projecting two six’s and just trying to figure out what that David Givens pick will be, as his play time was affected by his injury this year.”

Last edited:
I used to figure these out on my own, but I'll just quote Pioli from the Reiss interview:

We now have six picks and sometime between now and the draft, they’ll be announcing compensatory picks. We anticipate for all the free agents we lost last year that we have another four picks coming to us, compensatory picks. We’re looking at, on draft day, at this point having 10 picks. Four of those picks, compensatory picks, will be picks we get that can not be traded. … We’re projecting those will be anywhere between a fourth [rounder] and sixth [rounder], because they have a very complicated formula that seems to be changing every year in the league office that is based on a number of different factors that include the amount of money that the contract is signed for by the player when they leave through unrestricted free agency, but there is also a component of play-time during the season that is factored in there. We know we’re going to have a seventh and we’re projecting two six’s and just trying to figure out what that David Givens pick will be, as his play time was affected by his injury this year.”

It would be nice if the NFL would hurry up and give out the compensatory picks. Sounds as though we won't be getting a 3rd rounder for Givens. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back