PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pioli era - the final years

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The last couple of drafts under Pioli were nothing special, just like any organization it is good to bring in a fresh set of opinion. The past two drafts the Pats have added much more athletic players and cut bait on marginal draftees despite where they were drafted. That is a sign of smart management, get the best players on the field and move on from failed picks.

if this is supposed to be a reflection on pioli's drafting. The chiefs seem to be pretty happy with how this and last years draft are panning out. just what i have heard

if this is supposed to be a reflection on pioli's drafting. The chiefs seem to be pretty happy with how this and last years draft are panning out. just what i have heard

It is a reflection on his drafting, 2006 and 2007 classes were not good. It is more of a statement on the Patriots front office being too isolated, no new opinions, status quo. In the past two years they have brought in Floyd Reese and others, it is not that the new guys are better it is just that they have a different perspective and opinion. Variety is the spice of life.

Bill Belichick is the general manager of this team, and makes every single decision in the war room.

Bill Belichick is the general manager of this team, and makes every single decision in the war room.

Amen my brother, there is no doubt in my mind that every single pick since BB got here has been his. Others have had input (ie: rayburn wanting us to draft Brady) but at the end of the day BB calls every last shot on draft day.

I will say this against Pioli, given the vast number of trades that BB has pulled off in the last two drafts, I think Cesario must be a faster on the cell phone than Pioli. Hard to imagine Pioli keeping up such a frantic pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes