PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pierre Garcon rejects 5 year contract with Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
sign Garcon and all the Pats need is another WR named Escargot...have Garcon throw him the ball on a flanker pass..."Garcon serves up Escargot for a TD!!"...then we can rename Gostowski "The Tip"...after he boots the extra point...

Not to mention turning down a 5 year deal from the team to whom he's worth the most surely means he'd sign here for a song...:ugh:

Schefter seems to think the Colts may have been offering 5/$25M while the player sees himself as more of a 5/$41M guy...

Garcon is not worth $8 million per year. He's a #2 WR at best. Five years on any contract, as we know, does not mean five years. But it does mean a bigger guaranteed signing bonus spread out for cap purposes. Garcon is a fool for passing on that deal.

sign Garcon and all the Pats need is another WR named Escargot...have Garcon throw him the ball on a flanker pass..."Garcon serves up Escargot for a TD!!"...then we can rename Gostowski "The Tip"...after he boots the extra point...

Amazingly enough, I've never heard a booth announcer say anything like, "the guard was flagged for holding the Mayo" although I really expected to.

Seriously, I think Garcon's route-running has improved somewhat, but he's still not great. He's deep routes DO work often enough, but I don't think he's a lot better at them than, say, Brandon Tate was. I'm not sure that he's really more than just okay on read-option adjustments, which the Colts, with Peyton, used probably as much as the Pats do with Brady. This season, with Painter, I'd have to guess his (and everybody else's) routes were simpler, more straightforward (although Orlovsky appeared to read defenses much better than Painter). Even though his numbers improved in 2011, Garcon still barely came close to 34-year-old Reggie Wayne in terms of yards, catch rate, 20-yard plays or YAC.

As old as he is, Wayne seems (IMO) likely to do better in the Pats read-option, adjustment-heavy route scheme than Garcon, and he'd obviously be cheaper. Not that I'm recommending that the Pats acquire "yet another old guy on the downside of his career", just saying that he'd be a bit higher on my list of options than Garcon.

If Patriots pickup Garcon, we have the 3G's : Garc, Gronk, Gost !

Amazingly enough, I've never heard a booth announcer say anything like, "the guard was flagged for holding the Mayo" although I really expected to.

Seriously, I think Garcon's route-running has improved somewhat, but he's still not great. He's deep routes DO work often enough, but I don't think he's a lot better at them than, say, Brandon Tate was. I'm not sure that he's really more than just okay on read-option adjustments, which the Colts, with Peyton, used probably as much as the Pats do with Brady. This season, with Painter, I'd have to guess his (and everybody else's) routes were simpler, more straightforward (although Orlovsky appeared to read defenses much better than Painter). Even though his numbers improved in 2011, Garcon still barely came close to 34-year-old Reggie Wayne in terms of yards, catch rate, 20-yard plays or YAC.

As old as he is, Wayne seems (IMO) likely to do better in the Pats read-option, adjustment-heavy route scheme than Garcon, and he'd obviously be cheaper. Not that I'm recommending that the Pats acquire "yet another old guy on the downside of his career", just saying that he'd be a bit higher on my list of options than Garcon.

ReggieWayne will go where Peyton will go. Unlikely he'll head up here.

Garcon was rumored to want out of Indy. Dont blame him. Now's his chance to head to a REAL SB contender, year after year. Though, he may not get top $$, here.

"Garcon serves up Escargot for 6... Add one for The Tip..."

"Shouldn't that be 1.2 nowadays?"

"Shup."

ReggieWayne will go where Peyton will go. Unlikely he'll head up here.

Garcon was rumored to want out of Indy. Dont blame him. Now's his chance to head to a REAL SB contender, year after year. Though, he may not get top $$, here.

That is if Peyton even plays football ever again. I don't think Wayne has any problem with the idea of switching from one HoF QB to another. The real question is how much it will cost and can Wayne adjust to the Pats system.

Garcon hasn't done it long enough to convince me. I think the Pats would prefer Wayne. Because we need to win Superbowls and fast. BB has to think really hard about what he needs to do to take this team to the final level. Two superbowl appearances in 07 and 11 but no rings has to hurt.

Any Patriot fan who wouldn't want Pierre Garcon on the Patriots needs brain surgery. Garson have alot of upside and he is still young...he played very well with Manning...i couldn't imagine him doing worse with Brady. I hope he doesn't end up on the Houston Texans on the opposite side of Andre Johnson. That would basically put them over the Top if Matt Schaub can stay healthy. The Texans are a #2 WR away from being a legit SB contenders.

Any Patriot fan who wouldn't want Pierre Garcon on the Patriots needs brain surgery. Garson have alot of upside and he is still young...he played very well with Manning...i couldn't imagine him doing worse with Brady. I hope he doesn't end up on the Houston Texans on the opposite side of Andre Johnson. That would basically put them over the Top if Matt Schaub can stay healthy. The Texans are a #2 WR away from being a legit SB contenders.

unless he really wants $8 million a year. I'll pass on that.

Per Adam Shefter on facebook.

Who would want Garcon on the Pats? I would sign him!

I would to, if he were at the minimum. I think money might be an issue, however.:D

Otherwise, sign everybody you can. Work 'em out at training camp and cut guys that can't, or don't - whatever.

BB has patience. If Garcon is still available a couple weeks after FA starts and at a discounted price because of no big offers, maybe. Will BB be that patient? Will he be that much of a waiter for Garcon?

So? Welker has butterfingers too, I don't see you dismissing him.

This is pretty dumb, even by your standards.

Last edited:
So? Welker has butterfingers too, I don't see you dismissing him.

Here you go, you can play with this while the adults talk.

NA093.jpg

I Dont think he is that good...i hope BB will look for other options before we sign this guy.

Here you go, you can play with this while the adults talk.

NA093.jpg

wes-welker-drops-a-pass-in-the-super-bowl.jpg

Here you go, you can continue to get pissy and ignore the facts. But the proof is in the pudding. Here is a picture to him reacting to his obvious choking:

Wes_Welker_Dropped_Pass_Catch_Fourth_Quarter_Super_Bowl_Video1.jpg

Would you stop e-stalking me? It's kind of getting creepy, even by your standards.

Why would I "e-stalk" one of, if not the worst poster currently on this board? You're like a slightly more literate incarnation of Simkin, only with a vastly inflated sense of self-importance. Don't flatter yourself.

And yeah, needless to say, claiming Wes Welker has butterfingers because he dropped a single ball (not a very good throw, but one he should have caught, granted) is nothing if not painful stupidity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back