PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pictures from the London NFL game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good pics. I didn't watch the game, so I need to ask: Why were the lower seats covered with a tarp?

Regards,
Chris

Hope you had fun at your first game. Thanks for the pics.

They had a cut-away shot of a guy in the crowd with a Brady jersey on and I thought about you from reading your posts. (It was a little unflattering...he appeared to be trying to eat a hot dog? in one fell swoop).

:)

My Wembley Pics

A very empty (But amazing) Wembley Stadium:

Opening Kick-off:

Random in-game pic (wee bit fuzzy):

Legendary Bobby (England world cup winning captain):

Giants Entering The Field:

I have alot more but can't be bothered uploading them all.

Little vid of the Phins coming out, nothing special:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OUqpyn3YKTI

Was wearing a Moss 81 jersey, but was 5 rows from the top, there was at least 5 Pats in a small section around me, was great to see.

Last edited:
Why in the world did they not close the roof?

From what I saw of the game I have to say the UK fans were excellent. Applauding the American anthem, singing their own anthem. They seem to be really into what was essentially a Dolphins (aka low scoring) game. They stayed to end even in bad weather and cheered to the end. :eat3:

From what I saw of the game I have to say the UK fans were excellent. Applauding the American anthem, singing their own anthem. They seem to be really into what was essentially a Dolphins (aka low scoring) game. They stayed to end even in bad weather and cheered to the end. :eat3:

Very true. People were really respectful of your anthem and lots of us stood for it. That isn't surprising; if you're at a Football game, you're extremely unlikely to be anti-American.
It was essentially a Dolphins crowd, which was good to see as it went some way towards making it a home game for them (kind of!). Lots of people started supporting the Dolphs at school back in the mid 80s, as they were seen as the glamorous choice. I got a bit of flak for being a Pats fan back then!

Hope you had fun at your first game. Thanks for the pics.

They had a cut-away shot of a guy in the crowd with a Brady jersey on and I thought about you from reading your posts. (It was a little unflattering...he appeared to be trying to eat a hot dog? in one fell swoop).

:)

It's fair to say that I am closer in body shape to Vince Wilfork than Tom Brady. I actually don't own a Pats jersey. I've always avoided owning sports gear, especially as a fat bloke. However, my fellow fans reassured me that I could get away with it. :D

Good pics. I didn't watch the game, so I need to ask: Why were the lower seats covered with a tarp?

Regards,
Chris

Because the seats are very low to the pitch, which in soccer is no problem, but in football you end up sat behind the benches and can't see jack.

Why in the world did they not close the roof?

The roof at Wembley stadium doesn't close right over apparantly. It wasn't the weather thats the problem, they really need to get that pitch sorted because it's cuts up and goes to sh*t even when it's dry. Obviously rains going to be a factor with regards to grip but they're football players, they'll have to deal with that anywhere. The groundsman at Wembley should be shot. "Soccer" games are played in rain over here all the time and not one pitch even looks like Wembley did on sunday, you'd have to go right down to amatuer level to see bad fields and even then their pitches are better.

Nice pics guys..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots