PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Picks @ spread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, not a bad performance guys. (Did either of you see Pro Football Weekly's abysmal performance in week 1?)

PonyE and me went 11-5, Pony shading it by going a perfect 3 for 3 with his best bets to my 2 for 3. ClosingT was 6-10.

We were 5-2 in games where our call was unanimous; a very impressive success rate when we all agree, both weeks so far. And each had success going as a lone voice; I had Buffalo and Indy, PonyE hit with Chicago and Jacksonville, and ClosingT was alone in picking San Diego.

Let's not get c o c k y...:D

Last edited:
Week 3

nyg +3.5 over SEA
BUF -5.5 over nyj
cin +2.5 over PIT*
jac +7 over IND*
ten +11 over MIA
was -4 over HOU
MIN +3 over chi
car -3 over TB*
gb +6.5 over DET
CLE +6.5 over bal
stl +5.5 over ARI
phi -6 over SF
den +7 over NE
atl -3 over NO

season: 22-10 best bets: 5-1*

Thanks Pony, here are mine:

SEA -3.5 over NYG*
Jets +5.5 over BUF
cin +2.5 over PIT
jac +7 over IND
ten +11 over MIA
was -4 over HOU*
MIN +3 over chi
car -3 over TB
DET -6.5 over GB
Bal -6.5 over CLE
stl +5.5 over ARI*
phi -6 over SF
NE -7 over Den
atl -3 over NO

Well I had a tough week 2. I don't usually put money on games in the first few weeks of the season but last weeks Eagles Giants game looked too good to be true. $#!#@$! eagles.

SEA -3.5 over nyg
BUF -5.5 over nyj
PIT -2.5 over cin*
jac +7 over IND*
ten +11 over MIA
was -4 over HOU
chi -3 over MIN
car -3 over TB*
gb +6.5 over DET
bal -6.5 over CLE
stl +5.5 over ARI
phi -6 over SF
den +7 over NE
atl -3 over NO

I was on the other side of that Giants/Eagles game, definitely one of those 'got-lucky' bets that we all have from time to time.

Yeah we pulled the NYG out of the you-know-what, no doubt. But I'll take it after San Fran kicked a last second FG down by 10 in week 1 to foil a best bet. The wheel of fortune evens out over 256 games...

Had you bet those as well as putting them here, PonyE? ROUGH break on the 49ers game if so.

I've been lucky so far this season; I'd waved my money goodbye last week on the Giants, and I had under 48 for the 'Manning Bowl' which finished 47 points. I'm hoping those DON'T even out over the season ;)

A decent week: PonyE won outright by going 8-4 with 2 pushes. ClosingTime and I both finished 7-5, with the same pushes of course.

Best bets were 3-0 for me, 1-1-1 for PonyE and 0-1-2 for ClosingT.

Where our picks were unanimous, we again did very well indeed, with Tennessee, Washington, St Louis and Philadelphia driving us to a 4-2 week and 2 pushes. I must total up our unanimous picks, they are performing extremely well.

Oustanding job, OEP. You seem to have a knack for sifting through sand and finding gold... keep it up.;)

Last edited:
Cheers Pony,

update, on all bets where our selection was unanimous our record is:

15-5-1

When do we get a syndicated column?

New presentation: Pick in bold, home team in caps

ind -9.5 vs JETS
sd -2 vs BAL
BUF -1.5 vs min
dal -9 vs TEN*
KC -7 vs sf
CAR -7.5 vs no
ATL -7.5 vs ariz
mia -4 vs HOU
STL -6 vs det
CIN -6 vs ne
jack -2.5 vs WASH
cle -3 vs OAK*
CHI -3.5 vs sea*
PHI -11 vs gb

Season: 30-14-2 Best bets: 6-2-1*

Last edited:
Tough week this week, I think. I flip-flopped on a few of these:

ind -9.5 vs JETS
BAL +2 vs SanDiego*
BUF -1.5 vs min
TEN +9 v Dal
KC -7 vs sf
Saints +7.5 @ CAR
ATL -7.5 vs ariz
HOU +4 v Miami
STL -6 vs det
CIN -6 vs Patriots*
jack -2.5 vs WASH*
cle -3 vs OAK
CHI -3.5 vs sea
PHI -11 vs gb

Season: 29-15-2 Best bets: 6-3*

I'm gonna refer to this thread for my office pool picks!

Where are the picks for wk #4?

The last two posts with picks were for Week 4.

Last edited:
ClosingTime, where are you?

Hopefully just waiting til close to gametime...?

OEP,
Read the picks again and admit the error of your ways. Pending the outcome of Phi vs GB, my record is 8-4-1 this week, including a correct bet on the Pats. Your false charge of hypocrisy has put a bitter taste in my mouth, and made it impossibe to enjoy my winnings without an apology.:) I'll change my presentation back to the old way next week to avoid these misunderstandings in the future...

Last edited:
Apologies indeed, Pony. So we both are 8-3-1 this week and both on Philly tonight.

I did get confused... sometimes the bold team is listed first, sometimes second, sometimes home team first sometimes second.

No apologies needed; ;) Hopefully Closingtime will rejoin the party with better luck. I suspect he took the last Steelers' defeat hard and is still recovering. No matter, he's always welcome. Cheers on another stellar week.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back