PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pickle's full Patriots Mock

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecrazyeye

On the Roster
Reaction score
I didn't do any trades because that is way too hard. I think this would be a great year to re-stock the team and that is what I tried to do
Let me know what you think.

1-21- Bobby Carpenter OLB - OSU 6'2 1/2 -256
Carpenter can play inside and out and has the skill and the smarts to be a great NFL linebacker. (I would love Antonio Cromartie here, but I think his workouts are too strong for him to drop this far)

2-20- Maurice Stovall WR - Notre Dame 6'4 3/8 -217
A big target who is already familiar with the system, so can help immediately

3-11- Cedric Griffin S/CB - Texas 6'0 -200
A versatile DB who could back up CB, S and play special teams.

3-22- Tim Jennings CB - Georgia 5'7 3/4 -185
Forget his height. He is fast, instinctive and can tackle. I think he is an Ellis Hobbs type player.

4-9- David Thomas TE - Texas 6'3 -252
A great reciever who has bulked which should help his blocking. Is also a long snapper

4- 21- Mike Degory G/C - Florida 6'5 1/2 - 305
Plays with a mean streak and can add depth for Center and Guard.

5-3- Mike Bell RB - Arizona 6'0 - 220
Has the size and decent speed to work in our system. I think he can be a great pro if he improves his pass blocking.

6- 22 Garrett McIntyre DE/OLB Fresno State 6'3 -262
A good pass rusher with experience all over the field. Is a project, but has that non-stop motor that teams look for. I think could be groomed for ILB also

6- 36- Adam Jennings WR - Fresno State 5'9 1/2 - 181
An explosive reciever who is tough and will block. Drops this far because of his size, which doesn't matter to the pats

6- 37 Anthony Montgomery Minnesota 6'4 7/8 -311
A DT prospect who's measurables are so good that he is also being tried out on the offensive line. Athletic and strong prospect.

7-21- Ben Jones - Purdue 6'1 -213
An injury plagues what is otherwise a great career. Has a strong leg , will be a solid kickoff man in the NFL and had a very consistent career.

PRetty good. Don't know if they'd go for 2 CB types. Where would they put them all. They already have one Ellis Hobbs, don't know if they need 2.

I don't know much about Stovall, thought he was an underachiever.

I would go with Greg Jennings, W Michigan in the 3rd or maybe even the 2nd.

I liked 4 out of your first 5 picks. Jennings CB , I don't like. Like Jennings WR and if you would have put him in the Jennings CB slot, that would have been good. He will be long gone where you have him.

Good work all the way around.

Edit: didn't read carefully enough: Jennings the WR is not the same Jennings WR as I thought.

I would still take out the Jennings CB and now the Jennings WR and put the Jennings Wr, W. Mich in the Jenning CB slot. Hey , nothing says that we can't draft two good WR's.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
I liked 4 out of your first 5 picks. Jennings CB , I don't like. Like Jennings WR and if you would have put him in the Jennings CB slot, that would have been good. He will be long gone where you have him.

Good work all the way around.

Edit: didn't read carefully enough: Jennings the WR is not the same Jennings WR as I thought.

I would still take out the Jennings CB and now the Jennings WR and put the Jennings Wr, W. Mich in the Jenning CB slot. Hey , nothing says that we can't draft two good WR's.

We could do worse than just draft every Jennings available. There's at least four, and I like all of them.

I have Belichick grabbing Ben Jones also. I have him as a UDFA, you have him as a selection. I believe Belichick will pick him if need be because he could be the best of the bunch.

One thing about the draft is that Belichick has great faith in Mike Woicik to make NFL players out of college boys if they are motivated. One of the hardest things when we make our mocks is this information is not available.

Jones has an injury history...perhaps he has never had a competant strength coach or was too thick headed to put the time in. In any case, this kid is a man compared to the boy kickers in this draft. However, no coach in their right mind will only bring Jones to camp. If you want Jones you also need to take one of the top-4 or you're crazy.

dryheat44 said:
We could do worse than just draft every Jennings available. There's at least four, and I like all of them.

Excellent strategy, and more realistic than maneuvering for Mario, DeAngelo, Jimmy, Demetrius, Kyle, Brandon, Jamar, and Leon Williams.

While we're at it, a moment of draftnik trivia: can you name two prospects in this draft who are grandsons of deposed African heads of state?

patchick said:
Excellent strategy, and more realistic than maneuvering for Mario, DeAngelo, Jimmy, Demetrius, Kyle, Brandon, Jamar, and Leon Williams.

While we're at it, a moment of draftnik trivia: can you name two prospects in this draft who are grandsons of deposed African heads of state?

Hali from Penn St and Baba Osho from Stanford.

New question and I don't have the answer. There is McGrew kid in this draft from So.Carolina. Is he any relation to Larry McGrew who used to play for the Patriots?

Last edited:
patchick said:

I think the answer is Kiwanuka and Hali, but I remember coming across a little-known prospect that also had some tie to Nigeria. Possibly Ben Ishola

dryheat44 said:
I think the answer is Kiwanuka and Hali, but I remember coming across a little-known prospect that also had some tie to Nigeria. Possibly Ben Ishola

Kiwanuka yes...the second one's much less well known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes