PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Picking the Brain of Bill Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, rather than try to snow his way through it, Belichick focused on something in which he takes obvious pride -- his ability to adapt. Like his teams, which play several combinations of schemes, Belichick is fond of coaching in chameleon fashion.

[Belichick] is asked how he's been able to do that -- turn the page -- from his 2007 taping scandal. "Right now, I am only thinking about the Broncos," he answered."You watch us play," he said. "You know we aren't the same team every week or every year. Last year, we had to find our way to win 11 games a lot different that we did the year before. We find ways to win football games. That's our philosophy. I haven't always done it the same. One year I coached quarterbacks. In '05 I spent more time with the defense than the offense. What I do is a reflection of what needs to be done."

:eek: I thought he was the defacto OC in 2005... Poor Eric gets no respect. :rofl:

Excellent find! Very cool article.

When McDaniels feuded with quarterback Jay Cutler and before shipping the QB to the Chicago Bears, McDaniels called Belichick.

"We talked," Belichick said. "He had to bring it up. It's not my business.

"He had a couple of times where he could have interviewed for other jobs and didn't. After that, we started talking about things from a coordinator point of view and things he might not see with me as a head coach. We both knew he probably would have an option at some point; he would be a head coach and I would be looking for a coordinator. We shared information on that freely and candidly. He helped me. I answered his questions. We talked for hours and hours and it went both ways."

I found it humerous that on the left-hand side of the web page is none other than fmr Pats beat reporter Lisa Olson. I had thought that she moved to Austrailia and reported on ARF.

Great find!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back