PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick this year's "surprise teams"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seymour93 said:
I'm glad I wasn't in Vegas at the time I made the post above. :bricks:
don't be so hard on yourself.....
few people can predict surprise football teams well...

and even fewer can predict them with the accuracy that i can..

give yourself some time, you'll get the hang of it.

Bump (we could all use a laugh). :)

I'm throwing in Tennessee to win 8+ despite decent teams on the schedule and a tough division. Colts MAY fall to wild card status but I wouldn't bet on it. They look like a 12-game winner from where I'm sitting. Jags are good for 10. My big "crumbler" is Pittsburgh, which only wins 9-10 games this year and (possibly) misses the playoffs -- pretty much the position the Steelers were in after the regular season last year, lest we forget, but this time without the 11 wins.

If you want an instant riches-to-rags candidate, I'm not even gonna hazard a guess.

PFnV

Heh? Heh? A little love for the VA-man?

PFnV

Kansas City is going up, i predict them to play the pats in the AFC championship game.

Cinncinatti will fall.

this guy wasn't too far off.

he is really smart.

I agree, Tennessee has a good outlook with Vince Young learning and doing well as a starter last year. They'll have a decently weak schedule and should make the playoffs.
As for who's goin down I like the Giants. Just because unless Eli turns into any form of Peyton and they establish a running game post Tiki, they are toast.

I think the Buccaneers will do good.

i think the colts and bears will do really good..

Winners are....

PatsFanVA
Brady-Branch
onegameatatime

i think the colts and bears will do really good..

No way, I back them to have the 1st and 2nd picks in the draft order.

Although i think its too early to go out and make predictions for next year. I do see the Arizona Cardinals improving. Brett Favre plays another season, and Greenbay wins division and takes a possible suprise run. I like to wait and see what teams do in the off season, but thats what i see right now.

I would have to say the 49ers will be looking better this season. I don't like their QB, but their RB Frank Gore was impressive this season. They have a very athletic TE and have money to get a Darrel Jackson at WR if need be.

They have a boatload of draft picks including 2 in the 1st rd,I believe? They are around 40 million under the cap and I do think that Lance Briggs from the Bears will be a 49er this coming season. His home is close to the Bay Area and they got the money. I wouldn't be suprised if they went after Ty Warren to help out their defensive line. I hope not ofcourse.

All in all I think they finished 7-9 last season and lost a few games by a field goal or less. I think Seattle will be on it's heels next season and it is possible they finish 3rd behind Arizona. Too bad we have this season's pick from Seattle and not the following season's. I'll take it though.

Indy will lose a couple of players but they can restructure a few contract's to make room for a few Free Agents. I'm hoping they lose atleast one big one. June,Freeney or Harper would be nice. Just one or two will do.

Winners are....

PatsFanVA
Brady-Branch
onegameatatime

A certain Brit had the Jaguars as the team who made the play-offs in 05 who wouldn't in 06 and the Eagles as the team who would make the play-offs but didn't in 05. 100 per cent!

Although i think its too early to go out and make predictions for next year. I do see the Arizona Cardinals improving.

Every year someone takes the Cards and Detroit to be surprise improvers (see above). Not that it can't happen, but it hasn't yet! (It's amazing how dysfunctional organizations manage to blow things time and again -- in sports as in life.)

The Packers. They did real well this year when most would have thought an 8 win season would be a pipe dream. Favre will come out with a vengeance in what will be his last year. Take it to the bank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots