PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick #33 again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could lose every game you've given them as a W. They won't go to Hou and beat them there. Doubt they beat Denver twice. San Diego, even at home, isn't an easy game. Detroit is probably a better team. Kansas City won the division last year. Buffalo and Cleveland are debatable.

They could also beat half the teams I gave them L's against. Its a crap shoot but this is a team that went 8-8 last season and had a great pass defense and that wasn't just because of Nnamdi. If you didn't really watch the Radiers last season I can see how you think what they did was a fluke but teams didn't shoot themselves in the foot, they actually played at a high level for most of the season espeically within the division. 9-7 won't win them a wildcard and I have the Chiefs winning the division again but lets not act like the Raiders weren't a decent team last season.

One thing to keep in mind is that they have a new coach and went through an off-season with no minicamps, no OTA's and no instruction from the coaching staff. Granted Hue Jackson was a coordinator there when Cable was the coach, but I'm sure they could have benefitted from some drills and such over the summer. Obviously they're not in as bad a shape as Tennessee or Carolina when it comes to losing contact due to the lockout, but I would think this could hurt them more than it does most other teams.

So our picks will be 29 32 33 and 64? 32 and 64 being ours ofcourse.

Sorry, I was wrong, Raiders are going to the AFC Championship.

Jackson right man for Raiders' coaching job - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Michael Silver - "I haven’t made any formal predictions yet for the 2011 season, largely because my editor hasn’t forced me to, but I’m going to throw one out there before the preseason games begin: The Raiders will win their division and they’re going back to the AFC championship game for the first time since 2003."

:bricks:

so wait, how do we have Oakland's 2nd rounder again?

I like following the teams who's picks we have (obviously) but i'm losing track of this since every year its something else.

So we also have New Orleans 1st right?

so wait, how do we have Oakland's 2nd rounder again?

I like following the teams who's picks we have (obviously) but i'm losing track of this since every year its something else.

So we also have New Orleans 1st right?

Heh -- I'm with you on all counts! For the first three pages of this thread I was all "what are these guys talking about?" Haven't even had a moment's thought about '12 draft but, sure enough, BB got a 2nd out of Davis. Forgot all about that. Looks like Pats traded a 3 and 4 last year for 7 in '11 and a 2 in '12.

2012 Patriots Draft Picks | NEPatriotsDraft.com - Patriots NFL Draft Site

Last edited:
We're dirty little scam artists when it comes to draft picks. I love it. Not the most exciting thing in the world but it is hilarious to me.

We're dirty little scam artists when it comes to draft picks. I love it. Not the most exciting thing in the world but it is hilarious to me.

Feel exactly the same. Just love it.

Raiders lose Aso, Gallery, and Zach Miller. They didn't have a ton of talent to begin with, had no 1st rounder this year (forget who that went to) and haven't signed anybody of note from another team.

The Giants would be crazy not to take it for Osi, it's as close to a 1st as they are likely to get.

Not to count my chickens before they hatch, but I count 33. How the hell does Bill do it?

GREAT Thread Idea!! Beat me TO it!! :rocker:

#33 is a DISTINCT possibility. I expect that Oakland's 2010 season, on account of that lunatic firing a fine Coach...will prove to be an island in a sea of horrible FootBall.

New Coaching staff. New Systems. Chaos. The day to day insanity of the Oakland Raiders. Awful Personnel.

All these will contribute, I think...to a deluge.

REALLY bad luck, missing out on the Top 5, last year. :mad:

At the very least, we could've stepped in ahead of the Browns and JOINKED the Falcons!! :rocker:

I'll have to start a fresh Draft Pick Tracker thread, this year!!
jester.gif

I know we'll all get excited about the possibilities as the season goes along and fantasize about what a great player the Patriots can get as the "Raider" pick improves with each of their losses.

BUT, having gone through the draft roller coaster so many times in recent years, here's what I see:

The Pats have no picks after the fourth round in 2012; they have no fifth or sixth rounders in '13 because of Haynesworth and Ochocinco. You watch: BB will trade the extra second in '12 for a fifth in '12, a sixth in '13 AND, naturally, a second in '13.

You heard it here first.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye